Form a New Taekwondo Association

Independent_TKD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Following the fiasco at the Olympics and what seems to be the desire of most reputable TKDers to seperate themselves from WTF TKD, why not form your own TKD Association. Call it somehting that clearly differentiates your guys from the WTF crowd.

Though it's a BJJ organization (not TKD), the philosophy of the SBGi is in line with the self defense minded TKDers.
http://www.straightblastgym.com/

I think martial arts are changing, especially TKD. The days of being taught stuff that doesn't work (and will never work) under pressure are over. Like it or not, many TKDers are at a crossroads. Like me, many will leave TKD if things don't change.

http://www.straightblastgym.com/

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There have been other TKD organizations ( American TKD, etc,) in the past. I think one more organization will not cure the mess in TKD only add to the confusion about who is who and what TKD is really about

Inugami

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Yeah i agree, making these organizations is just making everything harder. Let's just stick with ITF and Kukkiwon =/

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well if the Kukkiwon and ITF has there way it will be under one banner for the betterment of TKD and tthe future as well. Lets keep an eye on this one, it should be fun.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There are already more associations than you can shake a stick at.

I guess the Cookiewon and ITF should allow 'outsiders' to qualify for Olympic events, like in a series of true OPEN championships.

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Go for it. I certainly don`t think it can get much worse than it already is.

YoungMan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You'd have to take a number. Believe me, everyone and his brother who forms a new organization is convinced that "this one" is just what Taekwondo needs because it eliminates politics and restores all the good things back to Taekwondo. A quick glance through the back of any MA magazine will confirm this.
New organizations will always pop up. Good ones.....Well that's a different story.

Latest Discussions