ITF and North Korea's United Front Department

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not impartial enough to be taken as the truth I'm afraid. I'd like something from an authority I recognised, along the lines of the CIA, FBI, Special Branch etc. One thing that did make me smile though was it said that the ITF and the WTF confronted each other something mastercole has denied ever happening.

OP
P

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not impartial enough to be taken as the truth I'm afraid. I'd like something from an authority I recognised, along the lines of the CIA, FBI, Special Branch etc.

Really? What part of GM CHOI Jung Hwa's quotes did you not find credible?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? What part of GM CHOI Jung Hwa's quotes did you not find credible?

Don't twist what I said, I have already posted up the BBC story of the alleged infiltration etc. If you are making serious accusations against the ITF which here in the UK is recognised by government sports authorities you may cause this site some serious problems. Therefore your sources had, as I said had better be impartial, impeccable and legal.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
It was a published source ( msn) and the reporter was from Joong Ang Ilbo which is a South Korean mainstream newspaper. The person being quoted is Gen Choi's son who is now in charge of one of the ITFs. I don't think this is particularly new news (2008 is date of article). If it was slanderous/libel, it probably would have been removed from MSN website.

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Longboat Key over looking Sarasota Bay, at least u
How impeccable is the testimony of the terrorist who blew up the jet? Is People Magazine in as good journalistic standing as the BBC?

People Magazine full article http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20106989,00.html

People Magazine article snippits

“In 1979 she [KIM Hyun Lee] enrolled at the elite Kim II Sung University, but when she was unable to manage her studies—plus the mandatory farm labor—Kim transferred to Pyongyang Foreign Language College the next year to study Japanese.”

“Proving herself a top student, Kim was summoned to the dean's office and interviewed by a party official in 1981. After giving her a brief physical and ideological exam the next week, he asked Kim, "Will you accept the honor of joining the party? And would you be willing to die for it?" Indoctrinated since childhood to obey and serve the party at all costs, Kim answered, "Of course." The following morning she left for a training center in the northern mountains.”

“For three years she studied the tricks of the spy trade until she could hit a bull's-eye from 300 feet with 90 percent accuracy and overpower three men at once. "I was trained in tae kwon do and I know how to hit the fatal points," she says matter-of-factly. "I was taught to kill." In 1984 she became a full-fledged agent and was assigned to work with an older espionage veteran, Kim Seung II.”

“Kim, a North Korean, is the former spy responsible for the explosion of Korean Air Flight 858 near Burma that sent 115 people to their deaths in 1987.”

Korea Joongahn Daily, this publication could be considered up to the journalistic standards of the BBC and People Magazine?

Full interview with CHOI Hong Hi’s son http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=2894692

Interview snippets

“During his interview, Choi said By Ahn Sung-gyu JoongAng Ilbo/ Ser Myo-ja Staff Reporter the ITF has long been an organ of the United Front Department of North Korea’s Workers’ Party and orchestrated a series of attempts to assassinate the South Korean president in the 1980s.”

“The United Front Department took charge of sending taekwondo masters to countries around the world from the 1980s.”

[I wonder my original ITF instructor was…………………??? Nah] humor from Al

“According to Choi, the United Front Department funded ITF headquarters and directed its activities against South Korea. In addition to some $1.2 million spent to finance world taekwondo competitions, about $300,000 in operational funds was given to the federation every year, Choi said.”

"Choi said a significant number of taekwondo masters are North Korean agents.

“I was involved in training the masters in 1981 and 1982, but since then, the ITF ruled that after training, the masters were to be dispatched around the world,” Choi said. “I have no idea how many North Korean agents were sent overseas as taekwondo masters.”

Very nice……. ‘said with the Austrian accent of Brad Pitt’s character in Seven Years in Tibet’

The Terrorist List publication.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Z1...&resnum=5&ved=0CDsQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q&f=false

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't twist what I said, I have already posted up the BBC story of the alleged infiltration etc. If you are making serious accusations against the ITF which here in the UK is recognised by government sports authorities you may cause this site some serious problems. Therefore your sources had, as I said had better be impartial, impeccable and legal.

I'd like to read the BBC story, can you repost it, or direct me to it?

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

This is old news, is the UK sport authority not aware of it? I would hope these connections to North Korea's United Front Department don't exist in any NATO nation, I would be surprise if they did. Do you know if ITF members of NATO member nations mingle with North Korean so-called Taekwondo practitioners these days?

I know as of a few weeks ago, a law was passed here in the USA where US Citizens can now be arrested and held with out trial, forever, loosing all their constitutional rights, if they are considered to be involved with terrorist.

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It was a published source ( msn) and the reporter was from Joong Ang Ilbo which is a South Korean mainstream newspaper. The person being quoted is Gen Choi's son who is now in charge of one of the ITFs. I don't think this is particularly new news (2008 is date of article). If it was slanderous/libel, it probably would have been removed from MSN website.

So is the President of the ITF guilty of ................. slandering the ITF? Weird.

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Not impartial enough to be taken as the truth I'm afraid. I'd like something from an authority I recognised, along the lines of the CIA, FBI, Special Branch etc. One thing that did make me smile though was it said that the ITF and the WTF confronted each other something mastercole has denied ever happening.

Remember they were interviewing Choi, so of course, he is going to explain to them that the WTF and ITF confront each other. I forwarded this to proper government authorities, who said they are very aware of it all. Maybe consider sending it to MI5 and see what they have to say, it would be interesting to know.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
joinsmsn.com, looks like a Microsoft domain.....but

Funny....
Domain Name : joinsmsn.com

::Registrant::
Name : JES
Email :
Address : Seoul , Korea T-tower Bldg. 5th Floor, 97-1,Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu
Zipcode : 100194
Nation : KR
Tel : +82.21162000
Fax : +82-2-2116-2001

::Administrative Contact::
Name : joins.com
Email :
Address : Seoul , Korea T-tower Bldg. 5th Floor, 97-1,Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu

::Technical Contact::
Name : joins.com
Email :

::Name Servers::
ns1.joinsmsn.com
ns2.joinsmsn.com

::Dates & Status::
Created Date : 2009/10/19 23:23:26 EST
Updated Date : 2011/08/19 18:18:44 EST
Valid Date : 2012/10/19 22:23:26 EST
Status ACTIVE

http://jcubei.com/ is blank.
WHOIS on that domain, shows it's registered to the same folks.

Hosted by Korea Telecom, in S. Korea.
Did find this:
http://www.jcubei.com/en/business.asp

At this point, I don't consider them 'reliable'. Propaganda maybe. Not reliable.
So color me skeptical when the evidence so far is blogs and propaganda.
The book excerpt on Google doesn't appear to cite sources, though those pages may be in the ones not shown. Feel free to ship me a full copy of the book though.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Remember they were interviewing Choi, so of course, he is going to explain to them that the WTF and ITF confront each other. I forwarded this to proper government authorities, who said they are very aware of it all. Maybe consider sending it to MI5 and see what they have to say, it would be interesting to know.

Who are these "proper government authorities"? I'm unable to find anything to corroborate on what I can find at the FBI, CIA, and DOJ sites and publications.

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
joinsmsn.com, looks like a Microsoft domain.....but

Funny....

http://jcubei.com/ is blank.
WHOIS on that domain, shows it's registered to the same folks.

Hosted by Korea Telecom, in S. Korea.
Did find this:
http://www.jcubei.com/en/business.asp

At this point, I don't consider them 'reliable'. Propaganda maybe. Not reliable.
The book excerpt on Google doesn't appear to cite sources, though those pages may be in the ones not shown. Feel free to ship me a full copy of the book though.

That's just one a many sites that display the Joong ahn Ilbo articles. This is the original posting of the article, from the Joong ahn ilbo site.

http://koreajoongangdaily.joinsmsn.c...px?aid=2894692

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Who are these "proper government authorities"? I'm unable to find anything to corroborate on what I can find at the FBI, CIA, and DOJ sites and publications.

I did not look at any FBI or CIA websites, not unless I was looking for a job. Try contacting them directly, show them the Korea Joongahn Article, the People Magazine article and the Terrorist List, let me know what they say. Thanks.

OP
P

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score

Ok, so the BBC is credible, but the Joong Ang Ilbo is not. got it.

OP
P

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't twist what I said, I have already posted up the BBC story of the alleged infiltration etc. If you are making serious accusations against the ITF which here in the UK is recognised by government sports authorities you may cause this site some serious problems.

And by the way, "don't twist what I said". I didn't make any "accusations" against anyone, serious or otherwise. I simply pointed to an article from a south korean newspaper that Mr. Hubbard might want to read.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I did not look at any FBI or CIA websites, not unless I was looking for a job. Try contacting them directly, show them the Korea Joongahn Article, the People Magazine article and the Terrorist List, let me know what they say. Thanks.

Not my job to validate your data. That's yours. If you can't provide it, I'm inclined to toss the threads/posts and declare the subject off-topic to save me some headaches later.

As to contacting them...I somehow get the idea that the result of me walking in and saying "Hey, this guy on my forum posted a nasty article about some dead Korean guy, and even said I could find the proof in a book written by another guy, plus on some blogs. Is this true?" that the end result would be about the same as when I watch Carlin. Laughter and an 'are you serious' look.

Since this is something you folks know a lot more than I, and care about it a lot more than I, finding that valid verification should be easy. If it's not posted by midnight NY time today, threads will be locked and the topic off-limits.

Alternately, I'll take $100,000 cash, you can have the site and post whatever you want.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
So is the President of the ITF guilty of ................. slandering the ITF? Weird.

But "truth" is a defense to libel, so...

Slander is spoken defamation...I should have been more careful in my choice of words.

mastercole

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

So the testimony of the North Korea terrorist who killed those innocent men, women and children are now somehow "propagada" and not reliable? Who is she speaking propaganda for, the USA and South Korea?

The testimony of CHOI Hong Hi's son, who was trained in terrorist camps, and trained terrorist in Taekwon-do at these terrorist camps, is not reliable? Is he speaking propaganda? Who is he speaking propaganda for, the USA, South Korea or Canada?

Read the terrorist book, "Tears of My Soul", read her article. Neither is a "blog." She was trained in Taekwon-do in the terrorist camp, and she did kill all those innocent men, women and children by bombing that Jet in mid-flight, in 1987 as the United Front Department, that funded CHOI Hong Hi's ITF wanted to disrupted the 1988 Olympics in Seoul. CHOI Hong Hi worked on his side to try and disrupt it through the IOC complaining about the WTF and South Korea, so much so that the IOC finally responded to him in a letter telling him that he and his members can simply join the WTF, so Choi failed on that mission. But the Taekwon-do disciple pulled it off, the terrorist KIM Hyun Lee did her part, using her "JUNG SHIN" to disrupt the Olympics by bombing the jet liner and raining bodies parts down over a 100 mile stretch of the China Sea.

You have the ISBN, why not contact the author and see what he has to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions