Is the US evil?

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm kinda in agreement here. The SS has been around for decades.
But then, why would they put it in the Patriot Act?

According to what I read, the powers of the SS were expanded. They used just be the bodyguards of the president and the enforcement wing of the treasury. Now, with the new laws, the SS are literally a secret police force under control of the President.

Who knows if he is actually using them? That would be secret. ;)

This whole set up seems kind of weird to me. Why wouldn't the CIA have an arm that would do the exact same thing? How much power does the President HAVE over the CIA? Doesn't it seem redundant to expand the powers of the SS?

Something doesn't make sense here...

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
This whole set up seems kind of weird to me. Why wouldn't the CIA have an arm that would do the exact same thing? How much power does the President HAVE over the CIA? Doesn't it seem redundant to expand the powers of the SS?

Something doesn't make sense here...

The CIA's mandate is basically non-domestic.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
True, but the CIA and FBI have both been caught exceeding their mandates as well as violating the law.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
True, but the CIA and FBI have both been caught exceeding their mandates as well as violating the law.

So, now the SS can operate and with much less oversight...

I see the rationale now.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
"a police force that operates in secrecy (usually against persons suspected of treason or sedition) "

Knowing they exist doesn't invalidate that. "Secret police" doesn't mean "No one knows they exist". But they will operate in secret, undercover, with really no one but the President to answer to.

In regards to the "empty planes", call me what ever you wish and bury your head in sand and say "we're the good guys, we don't do that". My sources are as legit as they come.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
So you say. Convenient how you cant name, prove or verify them.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Playing devils advocate here for a moment, considering the claim, think about it for a moment. There's a small number of crews that would be involved in such things, if true.
If names were given, it's not like any of us could call them up and say "Hey, saw you were tossing people out in mid flight, can you send me some video next time?". This site is regularly visited by the FBI, and a few more .govs so some paranoia is understandable. Those involved would disappear, and so might our server so it can be datamined.
If of course, the paranoia is real and not just paranoia.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Then why bring it up at all? If its true and the black helicopters are spinning up, then the FBI could visit you and track who "Bester" is and find out who is leaking these national security "secrets".

I call BS.

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Then why bring it up at all? If its true and the black helicopters are spinning up, then the FBI could visit you and track who "Bester" is and find out who is leaking these national security "secrets".

I call BS.
Yeah, amazing how our secret police haven't disappeared anyone of these kooks, ain't it?

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Iv been reporting a bunch of the subversives on this board to the FBI and they refuse to do anything!!! Damn feds! LOL!

:rolleyes:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iv been reporting a bunch of the subversives on this board to the FBI and they refuse to do anything!!! Damn feds! LOL!

:rolleyes:
Did you spell my name right? It's boB not Bob. Dang english teacher always got it wrong.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I call BS.

I don't think he's doing the black copter/tinfoil hat thing. AB's usually been pretty much on the mark in the past. If he says someone told him something, I believe him. Now, the question is, was he told the truth?

I have been visited on a few occasions by the FBI (note: next time send agents not allergic to cats) ;), and I have the server logs that say they have been on the site. All they need is to show up at the data center and demand the server (it's been done). But, we're not really a concern so I don't worry about it, y'know?

Yeah, amazing how our secret police haven't disappeared anyone of these kooks, ain't it?

I've seen a few cases where people have been disappeared. But they are usually classified as "terrorists" so don't count. Then there is the case of some Canadian citizen who was arrested and deported to Syria I think where he as tortured for a while, after he tried to visit th US a few years back.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
Then there is the case of some Canadian citizen who was arrested and deported to Syria I think where he as tortured for a while, after he tried to visit th US a few years back.

Maher Arar. But he's brown and has a funny name, so he doesn't count either.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's why I always took the face paint and head ridges off after the Trek cons in Canada when coming home.

Latest Discussions