Is the US evil?

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
H.R.3199
Title: To extend and modify authorities needed to combat terrorism, and for other purposes.
Sponsor: Rep Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. [WI-5] (introduced 7/11/2005) Cosponsors (None)
Related Bills: H.RES.369, H.RES.595, H.R.314, H.R.3889, S.103, S.1266, S.1389
Latest Major Action: Became Public Law No: 109-177 [GPO: Text, PDF]
House Reports: 109-174 Part 1, 109-174 Part 2; Latest Conference Report: 109-333 (in Congressional Record H11279-11310)
)

Now before some idiot decided to crap on the source, I got this from the US Library of Congress, not some fringe nutter job site.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the letter of the law is not available yet to evaluate if this qualifies as "secret police" but I have a funny feeling it doesnt.

wait, here it is:

H.R. 3199 would direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to procure the development and provision of improved and up-to-date communications equipment for the New York City Fire Department, including radios.

http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/110_HR_3199.html

yep, thats the new gestapo.................................

it re-issued the homeland security act, not the third riech....................................

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
Why is an act of Congress needed to give New York CITY new radios?

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember a song once...."Paris by Air Such a beautiful sight There's nothing can compare With Paris by night"
I think it was written by a bomber crew in the 40's...... ;)

I bombed Korea every night
I bombed Korea every night.
Red flowers bursting down below us
those people didn't even know us
I bombed Korea every night.

I don't think the U.S. is evil. I certainly know I'm not.

I can see how some of our actions could be viewed by others as evil, and do view some of our past ones that way myself, but the defintion of "evil" is pretty flexible.
Edward Burke is often misquoted as saying that all that's needed for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing, which may be true, but it's not what he said. What he said basically amounts to "good men must, because evil will." What I've always said is that good men will do evil, thinking it to be good-ala the Nazis-a great many of those men believed they were right, that their cause was good and just, when it clearly-to the rest of the world-was not.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Let's put it this way Bester,
I will start believing in "secret police" when the 9-11 "truthers" start disappearing en masse...............

much less those 3 community college drop outs that made "Loose Change"

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
much less those 3 community college drop outs that made "Loose Change"
Don't get me started. Those guys went to school with my fiancee and I spent an hour listening to the PR at a wedding last year. Then I started bringing up questions asked by the various Loose Change debunking sites. It became mercifully quiet, and I was able to get drunk peacefully... :lol:

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Don't get me started. Those guys went to school with my fiancee and I spent an hour listening to the PR at a wedding last year. Then I started bringing up questions asked by the various Loose Change debunking sites. It became mercifully quiet, and I was able to get drunk peacefully... :lol:

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do to get his drink on.
icon14.gif

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So, who read the summary on some other site, and who read the whole, mind numbing law as passed?

I read it in full, and not the summarys.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think the patriot act was long overdue anyway

I mean it is silly the way it was BEFORE the patriot act, the LEO's cant work with and share information with the spooks?

that was crazy stupid.

Bester

<font color=blue><B>Grand UberSoke, Sith-jutsu Ryu
Reaction score
the letter of the law is not available yet to evaluate if this qualifies as "secret police" but I have a funny feeling it doesnt.

wait, here it is:

H.R. 3199 would direct the Secretary of Homeland Security to procure the development and provision of improved and up-to-date communications equipment for the New York City Fire Department, including radios.

http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/110_HR_3199.html

yep, thats the new gestapo.................................

it re-issued the homeland security act, not the third riech....................................
If that's all you got from reading the law, then boy did you miss a lot.

The Patriot Act Amendments to HR3199 include a portion for creating a Secret Service Uniformed Devision.

This "Secret Police" will have rights to warrantless arrest. They can be called upon by the president at special events of national significance, as determined by the President.

(1) When directed by the President, the United States Secret Service is
authorized to participate, under the direction of the Secretary of Homeland
Security, in the planning, coordination, and implementation of security
operations at special events of national significance, as determined by the
President.

Now, you can read the actual law and take some time to really look at what it says, or you can remain with your head in the land of methane. Not my problem.

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
uh, dude?

the secret service, AKA the people that gaurd the president, have had uniformed officers for as long as i can remember. And they have had the ability to do warrentless searches for decades too

i know you REALLY want there to be a boogey man here, but this aint it

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm kinda in agreement here. The SS has been around for decades.
But then, why would they put it in the Patriot Act?

Twin Fist

Grandmaster
Reaction score
the same reason why a bill for building a damn in west virgina will have arider attached to it for a cash cow project in Wyoming.

Cuz politicians suck each others naughty bits

:lool:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That is sooooooo wrong.......you've now put the image in my head of Hillary and Ted Kennedy partying with Ralph Hall and Robert Byrd.....

Latest Discussions