Is the kumatie real?

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
lol...that's funny because you are right lol. what's up with that? Trend maybe?
Michael-Jackson-Thriller-Jacket-570x708.jpg
I was thinking this too, but V was the better and more obscure option IMO.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
His uniform isn't the worst part, it's the belt. If anyone stepped on the mat wearing that I'd walk off without even listening to what he had to say, the belt tells me all I need to know.

MrRazot

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
You mean... Jean Claude isn't actually able to fight that well?

Say it isn't so! C'mon! You're stomping on my hero worship.

All I'm saying, is that if I had $1B, I would host an underground to-the-death fighting tournament.

Sami Ibrahim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Okay, I love the movie bloodsport but I was wondering if the kumatie is legit?

I have seen videos of frank dux on YouTube but it really doesn't look that dramatic as the movie. In fact I don't know if I believe the guy to be honest.

Do you guys know of any real bloodsport that is hidden from the public eye?

The Amor River Society (Black Dragon) is real, it started from a criminal organization called the Black Ocean Society, it tried to be legit, its founder Uchida Ryohei wanted to avoid the criminal activities of his mentors organization, the goal was to keep the Russians/Soviets out of Asia but in the end criminal activity was just to useful for accomplishing their goals. As to them holding a martial arts tournament where the top masters from all over the world would come meet and fight to the death that is a complete fabrication, as you know most people who claim to be masters would never actually back up that claim, not even for a stainless steel katana lol!!!

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The Real Frank Dux - Bloodsport True Story

Most Consecutive Knockouts in a Single Tournament - 56

I love 56 consecutive KOs in a single tournament. Even at 14 or so when I first saw the move, I shook my head and wondered how. Someone did the math to figure out how big this tournament must have been. It's been on several websites, but I think it's appropriate to put it here too...

"56 KO's would mean that Frank Dux fought at least 56 fighters in a single elmination bracketed tournament. In order to fight that many fighters on his way to the semi-finals and finals, Frank Dux would have to be one of 72,057,594,037,927,936 fighters competing, if you assume half the current fighters are eliminated each round and 56 KO's would mean at least 56 rounds."

Even if the math is way off (just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true:) ), it would still have to be an astronomical number. If the math is accurate, there were probably more people fighting in this tournament than humans who've EVER lived.

That's one serious tournament.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love 56 consecutive KOs in a single tournament. Even at 14 or so when I first saw the move, I shook my head and wondered how. Someone did the math to figure out how big this tournament must have been. It's been on several websites, but I think it's appropriate to put it here too...

"56 KO's would mean that Frank Dux fought at least 56 fighters in a single elmination bracketed tournament. In order to fight that many fighters on his way to the semi-finals and finals, Frank Dux would have to be one of 72,057,594,037,927,936 fighters competing, if you assume half the current fighters are eliminated each round and 56 KO's would mean at least 56 rounds."

Even if the math is way off (just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true:) ), it would still have to be an astronomical number. If the math is accurate, there were probably more people fighting in this tournament than humans who've EVER lived.

I checked the math, and it's correct. Even if it was a double-elimination tournament, it wouldn't be much better. You'd still have more contestants than the population of the planet.

I suppose the one way you could get the math to work in terms of number of contestants is if it was a round-robin, no-elimination tournament. 57 fighters total. Every fighter gets a match with every other fighter. At the end, the trophy goes to the contestant with the most victories. The problem with this is that you end up with roughly 40200000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 matches total. That means the tournament is still going on and will still be unfinished by the time the contestants all die of old age.

I also like his claimed world record of "Fastest kick with a knockout - 72 mph". That should be easy to validate since we know all martial arts competitions have radar guns pointed at the contestants to check the speed of every kick.

Let's see if I can sum up the info in this thread without getting into outright fraudbusting ...

1. Underground challenge matches and tournaments have taken place sporadically in many places for many years.
  2. Those tournaments are not filled by inviting the best martial artists from around the world. They were/are generally local events drawing whoever is available.
  3. Mr. Dux may have taken part in one of these tournaments, but there is no credible evidence to support that claim.
  4. No other witnesses have emerged to verify the existence of the particular tournament Mr. Dux claims to have won.
  5. The specifics of Mr. Dux's statements regarding the tournament he claims to have won contradict not only common sense, but mathematics.
  6. Other claims Mr. Dux has made do not lead one to favorable judgments regarding his trustworthiness.
I'll let the reader draw their own conclusions from this.

Paul_D

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Wow, I was just thinking that even the best fighters in the world, Jon Jones, Anderson Silva etc don't get anywhere near that many consecutive wins let alone knockouts. I never even thought about the maths behind how many participants there needed to be.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe one of you guys could do the math and figure out how long that tourney would have gone on? Let's say each match was only ten seconds long.

But, really, we should never let math stand in the way of the Dux Nation. I stand by his record....but that's only because he never fought George Dillman. I know, some of you will say Dillman couldn't touch him. But he wouldn't have to. (Nya, nya!)

Latest Discussions