Favorite Martial Arts Movie?!?

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Okay, it has probably been on here more than once, but I was wondering since all kinds of new people on here, why not ask,

What is your #1 Favorite Martial Arts Movie of ALL TIME? (Please one only)

Mine is probably Bloodsport. I saw it as a kid and fell in love, we rented the video so many times we wore the tape out!

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
All due respect, use the search feature for Martial Art Movie and you'll probably find about two dozen separate topics on it. :wink2:

OP
tko4u

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Right, but as I said, new people on here have new opinions. just curious

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Theres no way I could pick just one. I like several such as Enter the Dragon, Bloodsport, and The Last Dragon. Also the end fight scenes in Game of Death.

Brian S

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Any of the old Chuck Norris films, first three Segal films, Van damme films, and the Karate kid 1-3

OP
tko4u

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I am actually rewatching best of the best 1 now, I forgot how good it was. Phillip Rhee was pretty good

Cirdan

Senior Master
Reaction score
Just watched The Hidden Kingdom with Jackie and Jet. Loved it, definately one of the best I`ve seen.

OP
tko4u

tko4u

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
really, a lot of the people I talked to said that they thought it would have been better.

guess I will have to watch it myself

Kwanjang

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Do any of you , Ahem..."older MAst" Remember Kill or be Killed, amd the sequel, Kill and Kill again? it was made in like, 1980 or 81

Mimir

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It is hard to choose a single movie, but my all time favorite is "Big Trouble In Little China"

BrandonLucas

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's hard to pick just one movie out of all the awesomeness that's out there...so I'll have to just go on the my favorite as far as sentimental value....

Gymkata.

That was the first one I actually sat all the way through, and then tried to figure out how to make a punching bag out of pillows so that I could train to be a martial artist and save the world. First time I saw it, it came on TBS right after Iron Eagle II on a Saturday afternoon.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Lots of good ones, picking just one is tough, but I'll go with my old standby, Showdown in Little Tokyo with Dolph Lundgren and Brandon Lee.

Daniel

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
My favorite MA movie is Kurosawa's Seven Samurai. Heck, it's probably my favorite movie, period and - unlike the vast majority of MA flicks - it's actually a GOOD movie!

Pax,

Chris

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Beautiful cinematography; lyrical and unbearably poignant, heartbreakingly sad story, and the unmatchable Michelle Yeoh... what more could anyone ask for?

Latest Discussions