Is one Krav Maga class a week ok if you have a busy schedule?

Stronglifter94

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I work full-time as a security officer from 7am-3pm Monday through Friday and I've been following the StrongLifts 5×5 weight lifting program. My goal is to increase my strength and I lift Monday/Wednesday/Friday after my shift. I want to start doing Krav Maga self-defense training but I only have the time to attend once a week for an intense 1-hour class on Saturday at 11:30am and still have Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday to fully recover. I have other priorities outside of work, such as taking care of my wife who has epilepsy. I would attend the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 7pm classes but I don't want to end up over training my body due to lifting heavy weights prior and plus I have other things that I have to do in the evenings. I realize that attending Krav Maga class once a week on Saturday is not much, but its better than nothing. What do you guys think? Please and thank you.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I work full-time as a security officer from 7am-3pm Monday through Friday and I've been following the StrongLifts 5×5 weight lifting program. My goal is to increase my strength and I lift Monday/Wednesday/Friday after my shift. I want to start doing Krav Maga self-defense training but I only have the time to attend once a week for an intense 1-hour class on Saturday at 11:30am and still have Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday to fully recover. I have other priorities outside of work, such as taking care of my wife who has epilepsy. I would attend the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 7pm classes but I don't want to end up over training my body due to lifting heavy weights prior and plus I have other things that I have to do in the evenings. I realize that attending Krav Maga class once a week on Saturday is not much, but its better than nothing. What do you guys think? Please and thank you.

Comes down to 3 is better than 2, 2 is better than 1 and one is better than nothing. so yeah, go for 1 if that is all you have time for

1 is fine to start, you may not like it, you may really enjoy it and you may find it can replace other training as you progress. Give it a try and see how it goes

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Doing something is better than doing nothing but you should also consider what you are trying to accomplish. What is your goal for taking KM ? What is your foreseeable timeline to achieve that goal ? That may tell you if 1 class a week will work or if you need to adjust your goals. Good luck.

Hudson69

Brown Belt
Reaction score
You are the best judge of you. Try the 1 day a week training. You may not even like Krav. If that is not the case then maybe you can modify your lifting schedule to accommodate additional Krav time.

Latest Discussions