Is it possible to be good at wing chun...

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Interesting video, very well made. But IMO, while WC in real-life application, i.e. fighting, will be much freer than in practice and might look very "rough and tumble" ...it is still WC not JKD. There is a lot in that video that is not my idea if WC. It may be JKD, it may use some WC principles, and it may be effective. Just not the WC I train and know.

Also, I have some real doubts about using Bruce Lee's movies as a source for practical fighting techniques.

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would be happy for us to spar bare knuckle when I am in AZ
I'm down! We can call it, the AZ Fight Club Bare Knuckle Brawling Gloves Are 4 Pussies Cats club? Or for short, the AZFCBKGA4PC club?

Last edited:

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm down! We can call it, the AZ Fight Club Bare Knuckle Brawling Gloves Are 4 Pussies Cats club? Or for short, the AZFCBKGA4PC club?

Yea, you're on to something.....and the first rule of AZFCBKGA4PC club could be nobody talks about AZFCBKGA4PC club.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
And the main reason no one talks about AZFCBKGA4PC club is they can't remember the damn initials

Jake104

Black Belt
Reaction score
And the main reason no one talks about AZFCBKGA4PC club is they can't remember the damn initials
Haha! I had to edit the post 10 times cause I couldn't even remember it long enough to transfer it into an acronym. Image after I take a few of those bare-knuckle shots once we start this fight club.:blackeye:

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
Haha! I had to edit the post 10 times cause I couldn't even remember it long enough to transfer it into an acronym. Image after I take a few of those bare-knuckle shots once we start this fight club.:blackeye:

sshhh! are you trying to get kicked out?

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You are in guys. I will pm you the secret handshake

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to opt out. I live some 1800 miles away and wouldn't be able to make the weekly meetings.
Do you have a chapter anywhere in the eastern part of the US?

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm afraid I have to opt out. I live some 1800 miles away and wouldn't be able to make the weekly meetings.
Do you have a chapter anywhere in the eastern part of the US?

I'll pm you out of the blue for bare handed gong sau death match with no warning next time I am in the Eastern US.

yak sao

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'll pm you out of the blue for bare handed gong sau death match with no warning next time I am in the Eastern US.

I'll leave my schedule open. Just please don't tell my wife, she hates it when I get into spontaneous death matches.

JPinAZ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My wife hates when I spontaneously combust....

.........during spontaneous death matches

OP
G

guy b.

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Don't worry; your wives will leave you when you get involved in fight club. Then no more problems

Latest Discussions