D

Deleted member 39746

After many years of meditation under a waterfall.

@Flying Crane Did it better than you. :p

Ask your most relivent teacher

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Go fight a strong guy.

Find out how awkward it is to deal with someone who can punch you really hard or throw you on your head.

Then maybe come to the conclusion that if really strong guys are intimidating as hell to deal with. And that being strong can be achieved through training.

If you want to be a badass. Getting strong might be a better use of resources.

I mean look I like banging my shins with a piece of wood as much as the next guy. But bang for buck strength is the way to go.

OP
O

Obsidian Fury

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Go fight a strong guy.

Find out how awkward it is to deal with someone who can punch you really hard or throw you on your head.

Then maybe come to the conclusion that if really strong guys are intimidating as hell to deal with. And that being strong can be achieved through training.

If you want to be a badass. Getting strong might be a better use of resources.

I mean look I like banging my shins with a piece of wood as much as the next guy. But bang for buck strength is the way to go.

This is actually really good I always train with people much stronger and skilled than me really helps one grow, improve and stay humble. My iron bone approach is because I’m a MA nerd and would love to practice iron bone so to all chinese martial arts and karate practitioners I welcome your advice.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
This is actually really good I always train with people much stronger and skilled than me really helps one grow, improve and stay humble. My iron bone approach is because I’m a MA nerd and would love to practice iron bone so to all chinese martial arts and karate practitioners I welcome your advice.
In all seriousness, this is something that should be approached with extreme caution, and any teachers ought to be viewed with skepticism. I honestly don’t know how you determine a good teacher.

It is a conditioning method involving impact on the body coupled with healing liniments. And if it isnt the right stuff, or done the right way, you can get injuries that can accumulate and become debilitating.

It may be that this stuff leads to debilitation regardless. In my opinion it does not really have much of a place in modern society, if your hands become debilitated then you cannot work your job anymore. You don’t need to end up with a dead club of an arm. You don’t need to destroy your body by turning it into a weapon.

OP
O

Obsidian Fury

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In all seriousness, this is something that should be approached with extreme caution, and any teachers ought to be viewed with skepticism. I honestly don’t know how you determine a good teacher.

It is a conditioning method involving impact on the body coupled with healing liniments. And if it isnt the right stuff, or done the right way, you can get injuries that can accumulate and become debilitating.

It may be that this stuff leads to debilitation regardless. In my opinion it does not really have much of a place in modern society, if your hands become debilitated then you cannot work your job anymore. You don’t need to end up with a dead club of an arm. You don’t need to destroy your body by turning it into a weapon.

You are right now that I think of it I just saw a youtube video of the finger bullet guy and that is not something I want I better let it be. Nevertheless I'm interested in reading and researching the topic do you happen to know of some good source material so I can get informed?

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You are right now that I think of it I just saw a youtube video of the finger bullet guy and that is not something I want I better let it be. Nevertheless I'm interested in reading and researching the topic do you happen to know of some good source material so I can get informed?
Dale Dugass sometimes posts here and is knowledgeable about this stuff. You might find him on the Internet, he would be a trustworthy resource.

kunetao

White Belt
Reaction score
Iron training is a LONG gradual thing DIT DA JOW is great but not required it helps with healing but the existent of its effectiveness is debatable (but I still use it) If your turning your limbs into calloused clubs YOUR DOING IT WRONG.... I just concentrate on my striking and blocking surfaces like hands and forearms. everything else is unnecessary unless your a pit fighter. start off with a sand bag and go gently for the first 3 months to the point your not hitting any harder than basically dropping your hand on the bag with the strikes then every 3 to 6 months turn up the intensity a little. IF AT ANY POINT THERE IS PAIN STOP UNTILL HEALED. you should not be striking the bag with any real force for the first year. I do week on week off so if there are micro fractures they have a chance to heal fully. and ill do this for 3 months take a month off then restart the program each time turning up the intensity a bit.... You can do it faster but at risk to your health. I'm currently 44 and it is very hard for me to bruise my hands and forearms. Hope this helps

Latest Discussions