Inward Blocks - Upside/Downside Circle

OP
K

kenpo2dabone

Originally posted by Michael Billings
Outer Rim has been around since at least the mid-80's and every seminar I have been to take it as a given that the participants know what it is. I start it on day one since it relates to Point of Origin and Economy of Motion (definitions I require for Yellow Belt.)

Thanks Scott for clarification on the Inward Block, I have heard this about "Sepulveda's" students for a year and had no idea where it came from given that you block just like I see everyone else, including myself, block.

-MB

Thank you for the clarification Mr. Billings. I appreciate it. I just had not heard it used before until I started training with the UKF. I should not have jumped to that conclusion. It is good to know that other poeple are familiar with this term. As it makes posting a little easier when terminology is consistant.

Salute,
Mike Miller UKF

OP
K

kenpo2dabone

Here is something else to play with while exploring twelve points.

The hand placement I described above is only one form of twelve points. There are many positions that the hands can be in and still be in twelve points. Basically, anytime your hands and elbows occupy four different points in each of the three zones, excluding over extension or being out of correct anatomical alignment, your are in twelve points.

Just something I thought you might enjoy exploring.

Salute,
Mike Miller UKF

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by kenpo2dabone
Here is something else to play with while exploring twelve points.

The hand placement I described above is only one form of twelve points. There are many positions that the hands can be in and still be in twelve points. Basically, anytime your hands and elbows occupy four different points in each of the three zones, excluding over extension or being out of correct anatomical alignment, your are in twelve points.

Just something I thought you might enjoy exploring.

Salute,
Mike Miller UKF

I was wondering if Mr. Pick was using 12 points in the picture of him on the UKF website. (the one that Ed Parker Jr. drew of him)

OP
K

kenpo2dabone

Originally posted by kenpo_cory
I was wondering if Mr. Pick was using 12 points in the picture of him on the UKF website. (the one that Ed Parker Jr. drew of him)

Yes, as a matter of fact he is! And if you read my post defining twelve points you will see a difference in what I wrote versus the picture of Mr. Pick. The difference being his back hand is defining the highest point in the height zone rather than his front hand and his front elbow defines the lowest point of the height zone versus the back elbow. In the picture you can deffinatetly see the four width zones as well as the four hieght zones. If you were able to turn the picture to the side you would also see the four depth zones as well.

Salute,
Mike Miller UKF

kenpo_cory

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by kenpo2dabone
Yes, as a matter of fact he is! And if you read my post defining twelve points you will see a difference in what I wrote versus the picture of Mr. Pick.

Salute,
Mike Miller UKF

Yeah I noticed that his hands were different from the description that you gave. But I also remembered you saying that there are many positions that the hands could be in and still be in twelve points. Cool, thank for the info. I definitely learn something new everyday. :asian:

Latest Discussions