Involved Community...

X

XxTKDPenguinxX

Just sort of putting this out there, but...

I was wondering if there were any instructors out there that check to see how their younger students do in school (A,B,C's not TKD's)? Sort of like checking to ensure that they are not using their martail arts to bully anyone.. or just a stop in, from time to time, to show the kids, parents, and teachers that they really do care about the kids?
If they do, any stories on how they set it up, or what they did?

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Great post, Well my wife still teaches and myself an ex-teacher. Are school has a great repoor with the district so they help us to maintain our childern from practicing on fellow students. Every one of our students must bring a copy of there report card and maintain a b or higher grade to even be considered for a belt test. no pass no test at the school... works for us GOD BLESS AMERICA

OP
T

Tkang_TKD

My instructor requires report cards for school age kids (elementary, jr high, high school) each reporting period. He also requires written conduct assessments from the parents of these children, and will discipline them (extra jumps, push ups, etc...) for acting out at home or in the community.

OP
X

XxTKDPenguinxX

We look over report cards as well... but I'm wanting to become more envolved within the schools that out students attend. I was thinking of, when the new year starts, have a meeting with the principle of each school and see where he/she stands on the subject.
I guess, I'm just thinking back to my childhood, heh. Always got in a fight and ended up using martial arts to get away. Problem wasn't as much as it was me, but there were others out there (even today in my thirties) that just feel like they have something to prove by fighting someone with martial arts training. I didn't (and don't) understand it.
I want to keep tabs on my students better. Let the parents know that I really do care what happens outside my school.

P.S. I don't own a school.. just teach at one.