Interesting new info

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just found out that GM Park, Hae Man will be at the Conference where my test will be in March. Although, I'm fairly sure he won't be at my test (he'll be probably be golfing) it heightens my stress level a bit to think he might be.

3 weeks left & counting.:)

andyjeffries

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey mate, we haven't spoken in a while (and you changing your avatar isn't helping to remind me to post a message to you :)). I forgot your test was coming round so soon... how's preparations going?

Got my fingers crossed for you (all the way over the pond)...

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey Ice,

Train like GM Park will be at your test and you'll be fine!

Good luck (though you won't need it because you are preparing well)!

Miles

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I just found out that GM Park, Hae Man will be at the Conference where my test will be in March. Although, I'm fairly sure he won't be at my test (he'll be probably be golfing) it heightens my stress level a bit to think he might be.

3 weeks left & counting.:)

:partyon: Iceman! Best wishes for the upcoming test, and I hope you won't get over- stressed!

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement, folks! I'm prayin' for great golf weather for GM Park:) .

I haven't had a lot of good training time, lately. My folks came to visit & I've had this stomach bug for a few days. I'm really dihydrated. I'm back to it today, tho.

I figure between GM Park, GMs Sell, & LF, there's quite a bit to prep for. I'm always my worst critique.

TKDDAD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
IcemanSK - If you get a chance to speak with GM Park, Hae Man, it would be a good opportunity to ask him about the development of the Tae Geuks forms beings he was one of ones that were involved in their developement of the forms. I am sure he has a wealth of information he can pass on.

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
IcemanSK - If you get a chance to speak with GM Park, Hae Man, it would be a good opportunity to ask him about the development of the Tae Geuks forms beings he was one of ones that were involved in their developement of the forms. I am sure he has a wealth of information he can pass on.

I would love to get that opportunity. The sad part is, my Korean is limited to things used in a TKD class. Perhaps, Last Fearner will translate for me.:) Last year, my interaction w/ GM Park was limited to getting a photo with him.

Last Fearner

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Perhaps, Last Fearner will translate for me.:) Last year, my interaction w/ GM Park was limited to getting a photo with him.

I just sent Iceman a PM, so I wanted to add the bad news here. I won't be able to attend the conference in Florida this month. I really wanted to be there, to be a part of all of the fun activities, and see Iceman test, but something is interfering with my travel plans. I just informed Sr. Grandmaster Sell, and wanted to let Iceman know, but this thread is not about me anyway.

Iceman, I know you will do well, and you will have a really good time during your three days in Florida. Take lots of pictures and videos of the training sessions. Make sure you place an order for a copy of the CD-ROM photo album for those who test. It might be your only record of that portion of the event since it is a closed door test.

Talk to you soon,
CM D.J. Eisenhart

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Iceman you my friend I feel will set a new bench mark standard. I feel that you are not only prepared but your test will just show to the graders that, "Man, great TKD is still practiced."

Make it happen brother.

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
tick tock tick tock tick.............
;-)
You're going to do fine, although me saying that isn't going to reduce your stress level.

Good luck!

AoG

OP
IcemanSK

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm sad that Last Fearner will not be at the test or the Conference. But knowing you all are in my corner is very encouraging to me. I trained at the only other school in our organization in the state yesterday (3 1/2 hours away) & was quite encouraged by the results.

I'll post pictures when I come back!

Thanks again.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Iceman you my friend I feel will set a new bench mark standard. I feel that you are not only prepared but your test will just show to the graders that, "Man, great TKD is still practiced."

Make it happen brother.

Exactly what Matt said! :)