Information Behind Siu Lim Tao

Jean Marais

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Sorry, tome..not tomb. And to qualify further I meant specifically literature explaining the compendium of forms in a modern form (scrolls format is not supported by my iPhone). I'll follow this further on the linked thread, thanks.

Marnetmar

Black Belt
Reaction score
Explaining any form in depth is really difficult if not impossible due to the fact that they are about principles of movement rather than the movements themselves. Everything you do can have hundreds of different applications, ranging from blocks to hits to grabs and grab breaks, etc.

My advice to you would be to perform it by yourself and analyze every little movement, and if anything comes to you ask your instructor what you have found.

Takai

Senior Master
Reaction score
I forgot to mention they also come with a free complimentary autographed poster of me performing the Siu Nim Tao in the nude , so that you can observe how well developed my "root" is.

Great Mook. Thanks for the mental visual. Now I am going to need even more therapy.:toilclaw:

Back to the OP's original questions. It may not feel like the responding posters are being helpful but, they actually are. The questions that you asked are not something that can be simply explained and certainly not in the limited capacity of this forum. I may sound a bit tripe but having something explained before you understand its foundation can be a big problem and cause future issues with your training. It isn't a matter of holding back knowledge. It is a matter of giving you knowledge appropriate to your level of training.

Please pardon me if I missed it but, I have seen a couple request for your personal level of training and yet no answer has been given. This may seem to be a bit condescending however that is not the intention. I can't think of single person here that would try to "hold" you back. (Mook even offered his fine video compilation..j/k) We truly would like to help. My advice start with one specific simple question and see what happens.

Enjoy the journey.

Latest Discussions