Help me please in Siu Lim Tao

adrianneow

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone...I been confuse that do I need to use full energy on my wrist and elbow when performing Siu Lim Tao....Or just relax and push my elbow??Please explain properly because I dont want to train wrong moves.....

Nabakatsu

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Most likely everyone will tell you that you should ask your sifu / instructor for the specifics of how your lineage preforms Siu Nim Tao. I agree with them.
That being said, I focus on relaxation, proper form, and using my elbow as the driving force, aside from certain positions, such as the huen saos ect.
Good luck to you!

wtxs

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone...I been confuse that do I need to use full energy on my wrist and elbow when performing Siu Lim Tao....Or just relax and push my elbow??Please explain properly because I dont want to train wrong moves.....

The first order of question is ... are you learning under an qualified instructor? I the answer is yes ... he/she would be the first person you need to address your concern with. It's almost impossible to clearly explain 100% on how to perform an technique without hands-on show and tell. But we're always happy to provide you with our 2 cents worth.

As with all WC forms, which is an archive of tools of WC, you have to learn and figure out how and properly handle them before they can be useful to you.

Siu Lim Tau contains the basic building block of techniques. To echo what Nabakatsu said ... lineage aside, focus relaxation, stride for proper form (you body will tell you if it's done right), but most importantly ... get that elbow positioning down pat. At this stage of training, full energy on the wrist and elbow = tension = stiffness, which detract from properly learning to execute the movements ... creating bad habits which may be hard to correct later.

Welcome to the forum.

Latest Discussions