Datu Tim Hartman

Senior Master
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dan Anderson said:
Tim,

Still waiting for your post on the subject. You began the thread but haven't said your piece yet.

Yours,
Dan

As I said, when I'm done with the MT camp this weekend.
:2xBird2: :whip: :asian:

loki09789

Senior Master
Reaction score
Datu Puti said:
As I said, when I'm done with the MT camp this weekend.
:2xBird2: :whip: :asian:
Tim,
Come on with the icons. Dan has been nothing but supportive and the "peacemaker" through all of this. I think he deserves better. Insulting me is understandable, but shouldn't be part of a 'friendly' discussion forum IMO. But, obviously you aren't afraid of the one week suspension lingering over all of "US" for stirring up an old ruckus.

I have noticed that lately your icons say more than your text does....in so many ways.

Consider your "need some rest" comment was on Tues 7/13 at 11:40, yet you found the time and energy to post:

14th at 11:37 pm, 15th at 11:54pm, 16th at 1:48 AM, 16th at 5:36pm, 17th at 8:55 am, and 17th at 7:22 pm. I would imagine that some of those times could be construed as either "need rest/preparing time" or actual MT camp times during the event.....Hmmmmm "Datti doesn't love us anymore:(" (uh oh, another joke...)

Among these you have said I need "a personality", mentioned wanting money for a symposium appearance and used visuals that imply bullying and 'flicking the bird' or the gestural equivalent of FU.....

This is some example to set as a leader.

At least Dan was man enought to reply to my apology for the untimely tone/timing of my joke - which was based on the tone that you set "White Chief" old boy....

I don't care so much about what you have to say, but why don't you just say it?

Come on Tim, I was laughing with you, not at you. Dan was asking of you, not at you....why all the hostility and rudeness?

KenpoTess

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
MOD NOTE

This is absolutely Nonsense~!! If you Grown MEN can't see things on the same page.. Then Read a different Book.. Antagonistic remarks are petty and juvenile.. Words and more words typed will not 'Fix' the issue.
Paul, Please refrain from 'jumping into the midst'.
Tim, Please act accordingly.

Enough of this on the Boards.. Take it OFFLINE or Take it to REALITY~!

:soapbox:

~Tess
-MT S. MOD-

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
loki09789 said:
I think that this is a truth that can be spread in all directions here. I find it constructive to look at my old posts to see just how I "come off". Now...agreed people act differently in front of the keyboard than they do face to face, but I also think that mediums like this are tests of integrity. Sometimes how you act when you feel like you can say/do whatever you want without having to actually face a person can say volumes about who you really are.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
A Parable.....

Westpoint, the U.S. Army officer training college, is known for its strict code of honor. In response to any question, cadets may give only four answers: "Yes sir, No sir, I don't know sir, or No excuse sir." Making excuses is a crime. If a person under a cadet's responsibility makes a mistake, the cadet takes the blame. This is to teach them responsibility and honor and most of all, integrity.
One of these cadets graduated and was sent to Vietnam as a Lieutenant. His first assignment was to supervise the construction of a runway in the jungle which was already underway. A sergeant was in charge. Unfortunately, he knew nothing about runways. He asked the sergeant, "Are you sure the direction of this runway is correct?" The sergeant assured him it was. So the Lieutenant said, "Well, continue on therefore and I'll trust your judgment."

An hour and a half later, a Colonel came by who was an expert in runways and blared, "Who is the idiot who ordered this runway to be built in this direction!?" The Lieutenant almost said, "This sergeant here, he said he knew...etc." But his actual words were, "I did, Sir."

The Colonel got into the Lieutenant's face and asked, "Why did you order that?!" The Lieutenant replied, "No excuse, sir."

At this moment the sergeant approached, with his hand upraised as thought to speak. The Colonel apparently deduced what had happened and asked the Lieutenant, "You just came out of West Point, didn't you?" The Lieutenant said, "Yes Sir." The Colonel looked at the sergeant, then at the Lieutenant and said, "Well in that case, it was an honest mistake."

Later on the Colonel invited that Lieutenant to join his staff. This represented a substantial promotion.

This true story illustrates the central virtue in leadership: Integrity. In the cassette tape on Westpoint leadership training from which this true story was taken, the lecturer said if they can teach a cadet to be a man of complete integrity, they can make him into a leader regardless of temperament or natural qualifications. They are prepared to fail men with natural leadership ability if they cannot infuse absolute integrity into his character.

This concept is so associated with Westpoint that when the Colonel encountered an officer with absolute integrity, he assumed 'Westpoint.'

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
DoxN4cer said:
Right on Tess, you go girl!!!

TK

Mr. Kashino,

I asked you not to reply in positive or in negative in any fashion at all to an official post by one of the staff. That request was private. This request is public.

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally Posted by loki09789

Tgace said:
I think that this is a truth that can be spread in all directions here. I find it constructive to look at my old posts to see just how I "come off". Now...agreed people act differently in front of the keyboard than they do face to face, but I also think that mediums like this are tests of integrity. Sometimes how you act when you feel like you can say/do whatever you want without having to actually face a person can say volumes about who you really are.

Mr Gerace,

Yes Leadership. We could all discuss this. Yet it has been done by you and the other side, by all of their examples. Please refrain from entering these discussions as is your habit, with tidbits that distort the issue.

Thank You

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
A Parable.....

Westpoint, the U.S. Army officer training college, is known for its strict code of honor. In response to any question, cadets may give only four answers: "Yes sir, No sir, I don't know sir, or No excuse sir." Making excuses is a crime. If a person under a cadet's responsibility makes a mistake, the cadet takes the blame. This is to teach them responsibility and honor and most of all, integrity.
One of these cadets graduated and was sent to Vietnam as a Lieutenant. His first assignment was to supervise the construction of a runway in the jungle which was already underway. A sergeant was in charge. Unfortunately, he knew nothing about runways. He asked the sergeant, "Are you sure the direction of this runway is correct?" The sergeant assured him it was. So the Lieutenant said, "Well, continue on therefore and I'll trust your judgment."

An hour and a half later, a Colonel came by who was an expert in runways and blared, "Who is the idiot who ordered this runway to be built in this direction!?" The Lieutenant almost said, "This sergeant here, he said he knew...etc." But his actual words were, "I did, Sir."

The Colonel got into the Lieutenant's face and asked, "Why did you order that?!" The Lieutenant replied, "No excuse, sir."

At this moment the sergeant approached, with his hand upraised as thought to speak. The Colonel apparently deduced what had happened and asked the Lieutenant, "You just came out of West Point, didn't you?" The Lieutenant said, "Yes Sir." The Colonel looked at the sergeant, then at the Lieutenant and said, "Well in that case, it was an honest mistake."

Later on the Colonel invited that Lieutenant to join his staff. This represented a substantial promotion.

This true story illustrates the central virtue in leadership: Integrity. In the cassette tape on Westpoint leadership training from which this true story was taken, the lecturer said if they can teach a cadet to be a man of complete integrity, they can make him into a leader regardless of temperament or natural qualifications. They are prepared to fail men with natural leadership ability if they cannot infuse absolute integrity into his character.

This concept is so associated with Westpoint that when the Colonel encountered an officer with absolute integrity, he assumed 'Westpoint.'

Nice Parable. What does it have to do with the topic, no matter how loose it was defined?

Rich Parsons

Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok what I see.

Two sides of a very old issue.

You were asked to grow up. You were asked to act like adults. You were asked to behave your age. Yet, no one involved has been able to do so.

Once side thinks they see an attack and makes allegations or counter attacks, then the other side senses or sees these for personal attacks and either does not reply or replies in same with additional BS that causes more issues.

People all think, it is one thing to act like something in front of the keyboard.

Call me 248-467-9454, I will figure out away for us to talk about it over the phone. I will even figure out the next time we could meet face to face. No this is not a threat or an attack. If you do not like what I have to say, then take it off line. I am done with this.

I will tell you all the same things to your face. Grow up, get it over. Do not discuss the past. If you cannot get along, then I am asking that you ignore each other. If you cannot do that, please let me know and I will assist anyone of you with the understanding of little people care about this. I will assist you in trying to understand why this is not Friendly behavior and also not acceptable behavior here on Martial Talk.

You all talk big in PM's and in E-mails, and in your posts. How will you grown men react to this? Will you please all act like adults, and agree not to talk to each other, and not to bait each other, and to just try to be productive.

I know this sounds harsh to some. I also know that the staff volunteers their time here to assits in this online community. Yet, we the staff and those that try to post information positively seem to get flack for their posts, and our actions. Will you all be happy when this site has no members and or is shut down? Rhetorical question, for you all. For I will answer the question. I do not expect this site to close down. I will let you know that we have lost some members before and we are still here. For better or worse we are still here. So remember no company, or no forum is dependant on anyone person, that they cannot be asked to leave.

You all have done alot in the past. The only thing is that I am now upset with everyone. I was the defender of those to ger a chance to say what they want. No matter who it was. I am tired of this BS from you all. Either grow up, or go away. I care not what you do, Choose one and only one.

With respect and apologies to the rest of this forum and all of its' members for this rant and diatribe on childish actions of some of our members.

This thread is closed. If you feel grown up enough to try to discuss on another thread then please feel free to do so.

:asian:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions