In these strange times....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the new breed of vehicle being used to replace the UK's tanks ?

We actually do still have Challenger tanks but they are in storage, they haven't been needed for a long time so are mothballed.
Now it's the Foxhound, Husky, Mastiff, Wolfhound as well as AS90, along with drones, Rapier, M31 Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System and Starstreak, etc. There are armoured vehicles such as the Scimitar, Jackal, Coyote and CVR(T) such as Spartans.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Brown University; This article was biased from jump. It is laced with journalist misspeak and misleading statements. Such as; how is 310,000 the majority of 800,000? One of many examples. Take some of your free time and research the refugees. Most of them happily left of their own free will a country/area in which they were living with absolutely no hope for a future of any kind, before intervention.
I have no idea how a mind can get so twisted that it thinks the US created the Islamic State. Twilight Zone stuff.
One glaring stat that I could find no mention of was that of the 800,000 killed, 64% of this was caused by in-faction fighting. Countrymen fighting countrymen. That seems to be conveniently left out.
Your country still shows as having a considerable troop count in Afghanistan.

I am still not certain what your agenda is. A specific article/site is not accurate sampling. It is spin doctoring which is something we certainly do not need right now.
It is sad that we have to resort to surfing through articles from multiple sources understand what the media is actually saying theses days.
talking to you about world affair reminds me heavily of a green day album and single from the early 2000s, i didnt really appreciate what the lyrics were getting at till i came on here

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
i thought the point was, '' these strange times ''
That's part of the thread title. The point of the thread/initial post seemed to be "Maybe it's a good idea to lighten up on all the bickering, insulting and anger fuelled personal attack bull sheet.", and "Maybe we call all chill a bit and enjoy each other more. Just a thought."

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's part of the thread title. The point of the thread/initial post seemed to be "Maybe it's a good idea to lighten up on all the bickering, insulting and anger fuelled personal attack bull sheet.", and "Maybe we call all chill a bit and enjoy each other more. Just a thought."
, im chilled and enjoying the conversation with others ??????

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wasn't stating whether you were or weren't. Just clarifying saying how I read the OP.
well that very good of you, but you did seem to be making a point in my direction, so it seemed reasonable to clarify my general state of being chilled

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
arnt you indulging in unkindness towards me ? the very thing that the initial post warned against, perhaps you should reread it ?
Once again, you're working hard to have an argument. You're doing that even more than usual lately. I'm done here - I won't contribute to your shenanigans.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
well that very good of you, but you did seem to be making a point in my direction, so it seemed reasonable to clarify my general state of being chilled
Gerry may have been, if he quoted you. I was clarifying what you wrote about the start of the thread..I honestly only skimmed the last few pages so I've no idea if your posts seem chilled or not. Sorry if it seemed I was suggesting otherwise.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Once again, you're working hard to have an argument. You're doing that even more than usual lately. I'm done here - I won't contribute to your shenanigans.
now your starting to bicker , as well as just disagreeing with my post for no obvious reason, lets be kind to each other in these most difficult of times, if you cant converse with out showing obvious signs or irritation with an opposing point of view,, then take a little time out to do some deep breathing and then with a bit of luck jovial Gerry will reappear

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
talking to you about world affair reminds me heavily of a green day album and single from the early 2000s, i didnt really appreciate what the lyrics were getting at till i came on here
Yes, you are a brain stew.

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I cannot get the quote function to work so had to copy/paste.

Jobo said:
you cant find a homeless person in Manchester, they have put them all in nice hotels. no one in power cared at all about there well being until they became a threat to the safety of the not homeless. suddenly they matter, that is '' strange'', '' we dont care if they die of cold or malnutrition, but not the virus, cant have that '' even stranger''

This is quite obvious if you would think about it.
Many of the people are homeless by their own personal choice. While I do not understand it I respect it. If they want to risk their life and wellbeing and live that way, that is on them. When there is a silent killer like this virus that is spread from person to person it is responsible for local government to be proactive and contain the risk as best as possible.

I spent 3 years trying to reel in and keep up with a father-in-law that choose that life. It is a very hard thing to do.

Yokozuna514

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
We actually do still have Challenger tanks but they are in storage, they haven't been needed for a long time so are mothballed.
Now it's the Foxhound, Husky, Mastiff, Wolfhound as well as AS90, along with drones, Rapier, M31 Guided Multiple Launch Rocket System and Starstreak, etc. There are armoured vehicles such as the Scimitar, Jackal, Coyote and CVR(T) such as Spartans.
Thank you for the list. We have the Husky and Coyote here in Canada but we also still have our Leopard tanks as antiquated as they are.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the list. We have the Husky and Coyote here in Canada but we also still have our Leopard tanks as antiquated as they are.

Do you know about BATUS out there in Canada? that's where our tanks are!

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yes, you are a brain stew.
I'm worried about you, you've always been a might odd, but your behaviour over the last days I'm more akin PTSD, , you seeing things that aren't there, not seeing things that are and making the most bizarre comment, like the one above. about the homeless

hopefully it's just stress related and you will come through the other side, in the mean time, if you need a supportive ear to help you through, please PM me

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ive been taking this end of the world thing with a light heart.

but something immense happened today that brought home the seriousness of the situation and its threat to our way of life and everything we hold dear

they have cancelled this seasons final episode of the walking dead. i mean how bad is this thing if they have had to put the zombie Apocalypse on hold to,,, well who knows when.... civilisation is truly crumbling about us

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Usually us older guys can say "this reminds of..."
But this pandemic thing is different, it doesn't remind me of anything that I can remember.
And we can't know where it's going from here.

While we all spend more time stuck sheltering in place, at least we have a nice forum to talk chop and such.

Maybe it's a good idea to lighten up on all the bickering, insulting and anger fuelled personal attack bull sheet. And it really is bull sheet. Heck, we all train, it's not like we discuss how Martial Arts is better than baseball, parkour or online poker, we're all Martial Artists. That should count for something

Maybe we call all chill a bit and enjoy each other more. Just a thought.

Stay safe, everyone. I kind of like you guys and wish you and your families well.

Hey, @Buka, how are things on the island? Doing Taijiquan again? I am finding doing taijiquan and some qigong are quite helpful these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Discussions