I'm way too excited

firerex

Orange Belt
Reaction score
So I'm about to earn my "decided" black belt, so basically 1st degree level 1 with my name on it and everything, i'm testing saturday morning and will know by sunday

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What is a "decided black belt?"

ChrisJ

White Belt
Reaction score
So I'm about to earn my "decided" black belt, so basically 1st degree level 1 with my name on it and everything, i'm testing saturday morning and will know by sunday

Awesome, good luck!

Is the "decided" black belt test different from the "recommended" black belt test?

-Chris

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
Awesome, good luck!

Is the "decided" black belt test different from the "recommended" black belt test?

-Chris

I've seen some schools that have recommended, then they use decided after they pass a pre test and/or a certain amount of time.

Also, congrats to firerex.

Last edited:

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I meant to type "Congrats" too. :uhyeah:

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think he can still flunk.... :)

But getting the first real BB with name on it... it's a big deal.

But I am a bit confused, the decided, with name on (as I recall he is ITA) is the level 2 belt....oh well. The form is a doosie (I like to call it the 'You think you are hot stuff, but you are still a grasshopper' form) :D

Aikicomp

Purple Belt
Reaction score

Good luck..

Waaay back in '92 when I received my Shodan in Ju-Jitsu after 10 yrs. of practice. My teacher when handing me my brand new embroidered black belt with one red stripe on each end w/ style name and my name as well, I thought" Wow.. what a cool belt".

Nick (my teacher) gave it to me, bowed to me, gave me a hug and whispered in my ear..." Now you can really start to learn"

I looked at him and he had that "Nick smirk" on his face (Like when he was trying to impress a point to you), I bowed to him with a little chuckle to myself because I then understood what he always knew....

I would practice and teach martial arts for the rest of my life.

A most joyous and yet very humbling day for me.

Again, good luck and when you pass......... enjoy really learning.

Michael

OP
firerex

firerex

Orange Belt
Reaction score
i've been in there for quite a few years now but decided is 1st deg level 2 typo on my part, it's just cause alot of people get that first black belt and turn around and quit so we installed a system to where if you quit before level 2 then after like 6 months or a year or so you get bumped back down to red belt

Latest Discussions