I'm not a karateka, not a judoka, not a boxer. I'm a martial artist.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you tell them you’re the real Steven Seagal?

I tell people I’m in Cobra Kai.
No, but when people ask what Nibbing Koshinkai is (about as close as they can usually manage), I ask if they've seen any Seagal movies. It's the closest thing I can point to that they'll have any experience with. So I'm sure they think I can do what they saw Seagal do on screen. I think that's healthy.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Do you demonstrate the Quart of Blood Technique before or after you tell them you’re a karate man? Ever show them your Kung Fu chain belt?

Rarely do I show the chin belt, except for, you know, parties, funerals and what not.

But that movie is where I started calling myslf "a Karate man".
And, yes, we Karate men do bruise on the inside.

JR 137

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Rarely do I show the chin belt, except for, you know, parties, funerals and what not.

But that movie is where I started calling myslf "a Karate man".
And, yes, we Karate men do bruise on the inside.
I bruise on the inside too. And on outside though. I’m not as good at not showing my weaknesses.

On a side note, every time I see that scene I keep telling myself that I’m going to learn the “Quart of Blood Technique” exactly as he did it and do it in front of my friends when the karate topic comes up.

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
No, but when people ask what Nibbing Koshinkai is (about as close as they can usually manage), I ask if they've seen any Seagal movies. It's the closest thing I can point to that they'll have any experience with. So I'm sure they think I can do what they saw Seagal do on screen. I think that's healthy.
What they think you can lie and talk a lot of crap lol

kuniggety

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I just tell people I like to roll around on the ground with sweaty men. It gets the blood pumping.

Latest Discussions