Ilearned bassai dai but need help.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Hey,

I have a very hard time writing and reading. I have to review and correct many times over. I have to re-read each sentence and post to make sure I have worded what I intend to say. As of this moment, I had hit back-space at least a dozen times. And before I hit sumit, I have to read and correct again. And I have to often go back to a post and edit. There is also a preview tab that I use because the post box seems to me, confining to write and read in. Some words still go unnoticed that need correction. Also I suffer, among other things, from dyslexia and dysgraghia.

You have to take your time in thinking and writing. And we all have incorrect spelling and composition apparent from time to time.

I do commend your dedciation in practicing, and hope that you continue to become better as well as wiser.

Thank you for posting

Peace :)

OP
T

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
BEing wise is a scary thought for karate. I dont want to be that wise in karate because ill like tell a lot of comments to a guy and the person will freak out. Right now im trying to move into deep stances. I learned that bassai dai is a really hard kata and i had some mistakes. I didnt learn anything new on it because of some errors.It is a kata for 3 belts higher than me. So what can you expect of a green belt. Brown belt kata look easy when i see them but they are hard for me to do.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
thepanjr said:
BEing wise is a scary thought for karate.
Being wise is not a scary thought.
The wisest man can win esier than the toughest man.

thepanjr said:
I dont want to be that wise in karate because ill like tell a lot of comments to a guy and the person will freak out.
Not sure what you mean by this.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did I miss something somewhere?
I thought this thread was about bassai dai.
thepanjr which version did you learn. If your not sure try to give a breakdown of the movements you do and tell us where you feel you need help with it

OP
T

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
first it had poen handed block with fist then jum,ping block then insideoutside block and anotther one then turn to other side then outside inside b lock then insideoutside block then sweeping leg block, then outiside inside block then inside outside block then shuto(openhanded block)i learn the next part in 6 days

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
What are the stances in these opening moves?

This sequence sounds somewhat similar to one of the Passai that I teach. Tewll me the stances and I might be able to help you out.

On a side note. I am not sure where the whole broken neck thing came from, but when I had my hernia fixed 2 years ago I was only able to go from the bed to the couch to the head and back to the bed. With the comments floating around about the broken neck thing I can't imagine doing anything with a potential spinal injury waiting to happen. My neck gets stiff and I can't seem to do a whole lot, let alone if it was broken. thepanjr it is ok to correct anything that you might have miss-posted, but I would do it soon before everyone starts trashing your threads and your posts. Just trying to help.

47MartialMan

Master of Arts
Reaction score
searcher said:
thepanjr it is ok to correct anything that you might have miss-posted, but I would do it soon before everyone starts trashing your threads and your posts. Just trying to help.
It would seem that perhaps things are misinterpreted or taken literal. Maybe in some cases, not a blantant lie, but an exaggeration. For instance "It hurts like Hell". As if anyone should know how Hell hurts.

As far as mis-spellings and mis-composition, I too, have problems. I have to slow down, back space, re-check, re-read. So, I am in no position to critique writings.

However, I agree that posts have to be corrected or clarified, before others, whom desire conflict or bashing.

So, I retract any pun, or mis-interpretation and still stand by these words:

thepanjr,
I do commend your dedciation in practicing, and hope that you continue to become better as well as wiser.

Thank you for posting

OP
T

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
The stances are front stance and knees bent stance . the knees are bent in shuto move and sweep block move. I learned up to the shuto. I had two mistakes and my friend forgot the kata so we did not learn further.Im the only green belt and my friend(blue belt) in the dojo learning bassai dai. Next time im helping my friend remember the kata before class then we can learn more of it. Ya i can't wait to learn more.Like tommorow.I had the startin move and the next move wrong and that's all.I can't wait till i learn an even more advanced kata like possiblt bassai sho.Maybe who knows . I might learn in two years or four.I hope they have atomatically spelling fixing locators which tell you were mistakes are.i go on msn too so italk to people a diffrent way.So im trying.

OP
T

thepanjr

Green Belt
Reaction score
Now i learned up to the part where you sidekick then go in to a shuto. I like the punch than go into block position.My friend wasn't there.So it was conveineeeint.soory i dont know how to spell that word.

Latest Discussions