If You Could Only Eat At One Restaurant For The Rest Of Your Life, Which Would It Be?

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cheesecake Factory
Not necessarily my favorite, but the food is really decent and the menu goes on forever. Their shepherds pie is pretty darn tasty. Good salad, and they probably have 15 different cheesecakes.
Oh that’s a real thing? I thought it was made up for The Big Bang Theory!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Elephant (A la Carte - The Elephant Restaurant, Torquay)

They will make me vegetarian versions of anything for me and they taste incredible, the staff are the perfect combination of being helpful without being excessively familiar and I don’t have to wear a shirt and tie!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a real place. And has 250 menu items.
Good heavens. Do they wear the uniforms Penny wears (Big Bang Theory)?

Have you noticed that the first thing Saint Gordon Ramsey does when he goes in to troubleshoot a failing restaurant is massively reduce the menu?

Darksoul

Black Belt
Reaction score
Have you noticed that the first thing Saint Gordon Ramsey does when he goes in to troubleshoot a failing restaurant is massively reduce the menu?

I've seen him and other chefs, like Robert Irvine, take a restaurant's menu and scale it back. Do better with less, which I suppose we could apply to many parts of life, including martial arts.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good heavens. Do they wear the uniforms Penny wears (Big Bang Theory)?

I've never seen them wear that uniform.

And I have noticed that, but cheesecake factory is certainly not failing. To my knowledge they make everything from scratch, and somehow are able (at least the ones I'm aware of) to keep a tight ship and have everything run smoothly.

Hot Lunch

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Probably McDonald's or Subway. I know those are boring answers, but they're everywhere. If I'm in a country where I don't like their food, at least there'll probably be a McDonald's. Or a Subway.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've never seen them wear that uniform.

And I have noticed that, but cheesecake factory is certainly not failing. To my knowledge they make everything from scratch, and somehow are able (at least the ones I'm aware of) to keep a tight ship and have everything run smoothly.
I just don't see how they do that well with a menu that large. It would be really interesting to see how that kitchen runs.

Latest Discussions