If You Could Only Eat At One Restaurant For The Rest Of Your Life, Which Would It Be?

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If You Could Only Eat At One Restaurant For The Rest Of Your Life, Which Would It Be?

As far as fast food places go I would say Taco Bell. Can't beat some good Tex mex food!

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure which, but it would have to be a place that can serve sushi. Whenever I try to make it, it comes out bigger than it's supposed to, and is good, but is different than sushi. Anything else I could learn how to cook if I really wanted it.

OP
C

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
All you can eat buffets in Las Vegas as well

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

As far as fast food places go I would say Taco Bell. Can't beat some good Tex mex food!
Whoa, whoa, whoa... Taco Bell is not Tex Mex. It's not even Texan, for Pete's sake. It's a Californian company. Heck, it barely even qualifies as food.

Now that we have that out of the way, this is a tough question. We like a lot of different types of food, but I think it would have to be a local, family run Indian restaurant, Manraj Palace. I can cook a lot of different kinds of food, but I don't know anything about how to prepare Indian food, and it's sooooo delicious.

OP
C

Chrisinmd

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sushi is good not sure I want it every day though!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Sushi is good not sure I want it every day though!
they have a lot more than just sushi
and a lot more than the teppanyaki grill (although, I could eat their stakes almost every day.
But it really is a dumb question because we hardly ever eat out.
that's for not eating the same as every day.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'd choose either Massimino's Cucina Italiliana In Boston's North End, or any damn good diner that's been in business for thirty years anywhere in the country.

As for sushi, another name for sushi is bait.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I'd choose either Massimino's Cucina Italiliana In Boston's North End, or any damn good diner that's been in business for thirty years anywhere in the country.

As for sushi, another name for sushi is bait.

Wait.... is that the place that has to bring a table, and put it next to your table, if you order a large pizza...big square and the size of a table. If so, I love that place and I have been trying to remember the name for a couple years now. Per the map I just looked at, it might be.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wait.... is that the place that has to bring a table, and put it next to your table, if you order a large pizza...big square and the size of a table. If so, I love that place and I have been trying to remember the name for a couple years now. Per the map I just looked at, it might be.
Only one way to know for sure-road trip!

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Wait, what?!, why don't I know about this place?

Monkey Turned Wolf is right, road trip!

The only trouble with the North End in Boston is there's so many really good places to eat in such a small area. As the old saying goes, "You can't swing a salami in the North End without hitting a good pizza oven."

What saddens me about eateries, is - good, old fashioned Jewish Delis are becoming a thing of the past. And that's just wrong.

And if we're talking about breakfast, which I also consider "eating out"....if you're ever in Jackson Hole, Jedidiahs is the place to go.

So....about that road trip....:)

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

The only trouble with the North End in Boston is there's so many really good places to eat in such a small area. As the old saying goes, "You can't swing a salami in the North End without hitting a good pizza oven."

What saddens me about eateries, is - good, old fashioned Jewish Delis are becoming a thing of the past. And that's just wrong.

And if we're talking about breakfast, which I also consider "eating out"....if you're ever in Jackson Hole, Jedidiahs is the place to go.

I discovered that a few months ago not about boston, but stamford surprisingly enough. Was in NJ visiting my wifes mom, we decided instead of going home we'd drive up to connecticut. Stopped by a diner for breakfast once we hit connecticut, hit a farmers market for stuff to bring home, hung out by a beach then a park, and walked through stamford seeing what food they had. We went to a couple different places, and all of them were good, and I lost a fair bit of money as a result. Definitely worth it.
Then we quaranteed ourselves for two weeks. Which is pretty easy to do when one of you goes to school online, and the other works remotely.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score

I spent three months in Boston about 10 years ago. Was living in an extended stay apartment literally a stone's throw from Faneuil Hall. I ate my way through that city, like a boss! Would head up to the North End a few times per week, but also hit the farmers market that was in the plaza right around the corner from the federal building, got good seafood, and the pub fare was respectable, too. I even got the point where I enjoyed a coffee regular from Dunkin' in the morning.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Of course this was almost 40 years ago......but that place was awesome. I was out with my girlfriend of the time and she was in college in Boston. Ordered a large pizza thinking she'd have some to take back to the dorm. When they took another table and slid it up to ours, I asked what is that for, they said the pizza...the dang thing took up the entire square restaurant pedestal table. She had lots of pizza to take back to the dorm. I made it a point to go there later with her and subsequent girlfriends as well....only ordered the large pizza one time after that when I was out with 3 other people there...and DANG IT!!! I can't remember the name of the place. The rest of the food on their menu was pretty darn good too.

It was on one of those little streets in the North End....

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I spent three months in Boston about 10 years ago. Was living in an extended stay apartment literally a stone's throw from Faneuil Hall. I ate my way through that city, like a boss! Would head up to the North End a few times per week, but also hit the farmers market that was in the plaza right around the corner from the federal building, got good seafood, and the pub fare was respectable, too. I even got the point where I enjoyed a coffee regular from Dunkin' in the morning.

Damn, I wish I had known you then. I would have taken you on an epicurean pilgrimage to end all epicurean pilgrimages.

I love eating out. Just before moving back here, the boys took me out to dinner in Providence Rhode Island at a place called The Cantina. It's been there sixty years and I had never heard of it.

There were twelve of us. Waitress comes over and introduces herself, we all introduce ourselves. We all order, she writes nothing down. And we are all big eaters, everyone ordered at least two side dishes, many of us three or four side dishes.

One guys asked about something that wasn't on the menu. She said, "Order anything you want, the Chef can, and will, make anything you want. So some of the guys did. She not only got the order right, she remembered every one of our names. Then the chef came out to see how we were doing. It was a fantastic night.

We tipped her a gazillion dollars. Well deserved, too.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Of course this was almost 40 years ago......but that place was awesome. I was out with my girlfriend of the time and she was in college in Boston. Ordered a large pizza thinking she'd have some to take back to the dorm. When they took another table and slid it up to ours, I asked what is that for, they said the pizza...the dang thing took up the entire square restaurant pedestal table. She had lots of pizza to take back to the dorm. I made it a point to go there later with her and subsequent girlfriends as well....only ordered the large pizza one time after that when I was out with 3 other people there...and DANG IT!!! I can't remember the name of the place. The rest of the food on their menu was pretty darn good too.

That doesn't ring bells. The standout pizza place I recall was Regina's in the North End. there was a bakery around the corner from there that was great, too... the name escapes me now. Michael's maybe? Mike's?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score

The North End is all little streets. Each one has a ton of restaurants, no surprise you can't remember the names. I can't either and I was born in The North End.

But I was little at the time. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That doesn't ring bells. The standout pizza place I recall was Regina's in the North End. there was a bakery around the corner from there that was great, too... the name escapes me now. Michael's maybe? Mike's?

Mikes Pastry. Modern Pastry is great, too.

We usually go back east every year. Didn't this year because of the pandemic. We always hit the North End when we land, get a half dozen boxes of pastries and drop them off at everyone's house.

Can't wait until this pandemic ends. I have lost time stuffing my face to make up!

Latest Discussions