If you can't bring yourself to hit someone while they're down, you're a food source

Ugh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I can't believe "honorable" types need this explained to them. You might as well turn around after knocking someone down and being like "See? Back is turned! Now you get a free hit!"

Either knock them out immediately or be prepared to stomp, otherwise you'll look dead.. which is the stupidest that a person can look.

I'd say more but you people soil yourselves at the sight of cussing for some god-forsaken reason.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can't believe "honorable" types need this explained to them. You might as well turn around after knocking someone down and being like "See? Back is turned! Now you get a free hit!"

Either knock them out immediately or be prepared to stomp, otherwise you'll look dead.. which is the stupidest that a person can look.

I'd say more but you people soil yourselves at the sight of cussing for some god-forsaken reason.
..... is everything okay, Ugh?

Hanzou

Grandmaster
Reaction score

Or you can simply choke them unconscious. No need to move towards brutality unless absolutely necessary.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I can't believe that people today need legal lessons as well.

Let us say a bad guy approaches and proceeds to physical assault.
one defends themselves and then they knock the guy down.

If you follow them down, then you are the aggressor now.
If you kick them, it is assault and battery with a deadly weapon, usually with attempted Murder tacked on as well.

You see boots, shoes and other devices that cover a foot are considered deadly weapons in many states.
Attacking the person down is not only being the aggressor it is also the bad guy now.

And you can swear at me,
I might repeat it back at you.
It usually gets the person to loose their concentration and makes it easier to control them.

I hate paperwork, I hate being questioned, I had documenting the situation and keep those records for years.
Just in case someone tries to bring up that incident later.

And yes I have been fighting for my life one second and then accessing the situation the next for other threats and then checking for a pulse and breath, and eventually clearing their tongue that had gone and blocked their airway with a pen, in case they clenched their jaw and bit down on pure reaction.

So I will repeat what they others have asked - Are you OK?

frank raud

Master of Arts
Reaction score

You are a prosecutor's wet dream.

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
How situational is this, but yes there could be a time when that would be an only option. We’re trained to hopefully keep the ball in our court. It is our decision. You pray not. If worse comes to worse, You also pray for witnesses and camera footage to prove your case…

OP
Ugh

Ugh

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How situational is this, but yes there could be a time when that would be an only option. We’re trained to hopefully keep the ball in our court. It is our decision. You pray not. If worse comes to worse, You also pray for witnesses and camera footage to prove your case.
And how do you intend on "keeping the ball in your court" when it's obvious an attack is imminent no matter what you do?

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

You can communicate on a discussion forum without swearing, it is polite.

Holmejr

Black Belt
Reaction score
And how do you intend on "keeping the ball in your court" when it's obvious an attack is imminent no matter what you do?
You left out “hopefully”. In a confrontation we’re presented with a lot of choices before, during and after. During an actual physical confrontation hopefully our training will allow us to choose our level of action. This ranges from passive to deadly. Just be prepared to face the aftermath of your decisions spiritually, psychologically, physically and legally.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

The ability to fight ferociously is the ability to not care if you loose.

Oily Dragon

Senior Master
Reaction score
otherwise you'll look dead.. which is the stupidest that a person can look.
I disagree. I'm pretty stupid looking, and I'm still fully alive.

And, not incarcerated. Ever seen an inmate up close? Incarcerated people are typically pretty stupid looking, because they're in prison for doing stupid things like you recommended.

Did you ever stop to consider that mercy, as one of the most honorable acts, might actually end more fights than you realize?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score

Question...have you ever actually been in a fight?

Latest Discussions