Idaho police sodomize man with Taser

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It's bad cops like these that give good cops a bad name. Definitely way out of line and I likewise side with the LEO's here who feel that their brother officer should be fired and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

It doesn't matter if the perp was being disrespectful there are OTHER ways to handle disrespectful perps/suspects. This was not teaching the guy a lesson it was torture and fear intimidation. The perp stated that they couldn't breathe... what would have the cops done if he stopped breathing?
As I understand it being disrespectful can tack on more charges to the ones you already have and the judge will take it (or should) in consideration when figuring out the sentence.
A horror story if there was one to be sure.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I post these because people should know what's going on. Same reason why after I posted this, I posted 3 memorials to officers who have died recently. Because I want people to know. The good and the bad.

I want the good cops to know that they are appreciated, and I want the bad cops to get the public beating they deserve.

Sometime, I find a story and its pretty cut and dried. Other times, it needs to be put into perspective, and sometime, I flat out get a dog of a story and need to have the record set right.

I'm currently sitting on somewhere around 100-150 "bad cop" stories. I've got something near 50 alone for Florida right now that makes me afraid to visit that state lest my NY plates make me an easy mark for some "good ol boy" *** whuppin for driving 1 mile over and daring to ask the cop "why". I've no desire to feel pain because some red neck pencil dick who is a disgrace to the uniform suffering from a low self esteem and an inflated ego needs to show off to his buddies, just because he has a badge and I don't. I'm looking forward to our Atlanta get together where I'll be hanging with at least 1, maybe more of Georgia's finest, and I've enjoyed the company of several of Ohio, NY and a few other states finest also.

If these stories paint cops in a bad way, that is not my fault. Blame the dumb asses who abuse their authority and violate the trust and belief placed in them, by the people, and by their fellow cops who have to live with the mess they make, for years after they are behind bars. I can't sit here and ignore it, or sugar coat it, or pretend it doesn't happen.

But when I find good cop stories, I try to post them as well as I firmly believe those stories are far less published, and that the good cops far outweigh the bad, though the press only reports the negative crap.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It would btw give me great pleasure if I never find another story like this one online again. Just for the record folks.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I know that Bob does his best to balance his posts; showing both good and bad LE performance. The problem is that good LE articles are harder to find than hen's teeth! After all, it's not like the press is beating the doors of the PIO's office down to hear how well the cops are doing. Bad cop stories cell; good cop articles don't.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I know that Bob does his best to balance his posts; showing both good and bad LE performance. The problem is that good LE articles are harder to find than hen's teeth! After all, it's not like the press is beating the doors of the PIO's office down to hear how well the cops are doing. Bad cop stories cell; good cop articles don't.
Agreed... it's quite possible that these bad cop stories are chosen by reporters & editors of the news media are those who have had one too many tickets written to them or have had a bad run in with an LEO or like authority figure as a kid (I have) and carry a life-long bias against any LEO or like authority figures and choose to publish the bad-cop stories more often rather a good cop story.
That is just my speculation but I'll be damned if I'll hear of an completely honest unbiased news reporter/editor out there... for whatever event they happen to show us the "ignorant" public. While highly honored and respected, even Walter Cronkite got to pick and chose the stories he wanted to cover. Who knows what biases he may have had.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
FONT=Verdana] [/FONT][/COLOR]
Yes investigate the cop. If the charges are true, not only fire him, but charge him. There are laws on terrorism, torture, rape, official oppression, and others that can be used.
[COLOR=blackDeaf[/QUOTE]

It really has become a catch-all word, hasn't it. I am now waiting for jay walking to be classified as terrorism.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
Agreed... it's quite possible that these bad cop stories are chosen by reporters & editors of the news media are those who have had one too many tickets written to them or have had a bad run in with an LEO or like authority figure as a kid (I have) and carry a life-long bias against any LEO or like authority figures and choose to publish the bad-cop stories more often rather a good cop story.
That is just my speculation but I'll be damned if I'll hear of an completely honest unbiased news reporter/editor out there... for whatever event they happen to show us the "ignorant" public. While highly honored and respected, even Walter Cronkite got to pick and chose the stories he wanted to cover. Who knows what biases he may have had.

+1 Caver..and if you look at this "Carlos Miller" site that the bulk of these stories seem to originate from and you can take your above theory and multiply it X 1000.

The bulk of the people who frequent that site seem to have a similar life view when it comes to law enforcement:

How could it be clearer? “realist” proves by his own language the low IQ level of people who like cops.

Yeah, I hate cops and I really don’t like cop lovers, it seem real sick to admire the bully.

Just a post script to John. Don’t let idiots deal with idiots. Its a well known fact that the police dont exactly have the highest of intelligence otherwise they wouldn’t be doing the job that they are.

So its obvious that there is only a select "type" of cop story that they are going to be interested in, promote or want to read.

punisher73

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think everyone is in agreement that the cop should be fired and prosecuted under Idaho law.

But, on the other hand...who knew that some cops "Moon" light as a proctologist? Hmm, learn new stuff everyday.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Miller posts a few good cop stories, but the site is primarily for bad cop ones. He's had a long running legal battle over his own run ins with some Miami LEO's that were unpleasant, so I can understand his hostility. Many of his readers though are just *******s.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
The problem is that good LE articles are harder to find than hen's teeth! After all, it's not like the press is beating the doors of the PIO's office down to hear how well the cops are doing. Bad cop stories cell; good cop articles don't.

Everyone has to deal with this. No one is clamoring to give out medals for doing your job and not being a ****up. You don't read many stories like "Routine laparascopy goes well; surgeon not incompetent." or "Area teacher successfully teaches grade school class multiplication without sleeping with them."

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes and no...... you will not find many positive stories about Catholic clergy, police, lawyers and any other group the media loves to hate.

When the media feels positive stories about certain groups are 'not news', they are misleading the public. When all people hear about cops is negative, small wonder the images and opinions are so bad.

JadecloudAlchemist

Master of Arts
Reaction score
50 alone for Florida right now that makes me afraid to visit that state

Here in Miami cops are bad. I am more afraidvmore of a cop then someone trying to rob me. Because at least with someone trying to rob me I know what they are after but with a cop I have no idea. Plenty of times growing up I would be stopped or harassed while walking down the street walking home in the day time. I remember one time I was sitting in Burger King eating 4 cops came up to me and asked me to go outside to question me according to them I told someone I had a gun :shrug:. Of course I never said this nor had a gun I was just eating my lunch. After they let me go back to lunch they went back inside to order lunch too. But we hear it everyday cop shooting someone here beating someone it has left people with a bleak look at police officers.

Latest Discussions