Idaho police sodomize man with Taser

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Soon to be removed from the training manual for that model of taser, the butt's map of taser hot spots.

It was all caught on tape. Here is the exchange that took place:
Cop: Do you feel this?
Suspect: Yes, sir.
Cop: Do you feel that? That’s my …
Suspect: Okay
Cop: … Taser up your ***.
Suspect: Okay
Cop: So don’t move.
Suspect: I’m trying not to. I can’t breathe.
Cop: Now do you feel this in your balls?
Suspect: I do, sir. I’m not going to move. I’m not gonna move.
Cop: Now I’m gonna tase your balls if you move again.
(A full minute goes by)
Cop: Okay, I’m gonna take this Taser out of your ******* now. Are you going to fight with me?
Suspect: No, not at all, sir.
Cop: (to another cop) So far, for the last two minutes, he’s been cooperative. But then my Taser’s in his ***.
Not only was the exchange documented on the cop’s own tape recorder, the suspect ended up with burns on the inside of his right buttock. These were evident in photographs taken ten and 13 days after the incident.
http://carlosmiller.com/2009/07/23/idaho-police-sodomize-man-with-taser/

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
...omg....

...wow...

...way out of line (and that's an understatement.)

So you would think the first cop would be prosecuted for sexual assault? Or maybe the second cop be charged with tampering with evidence?

Abso-f'n-positive-a-lutley!! I can't believe they weren't... boggles the mind!!

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've seen a number of taser horor stories as of late. Many I can write off as "honest mistake" or "unfortunate but justified". This one though, well......

I expected to see it was from NYC. Seems they regularly jam things up peoples asses in NYC. Butt Idaho? What, an ear of corn wasn't available? LOL!

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
I really had to double check and make sure this wasn't in the "Humor" section and Bob forgot to put the punchline in there. That is ridiculous.

Frostbite

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Okay, so it's more than a little disturbing that the cop thought it was okay to do that but this line seriously made me chuckle:

So far, for the last two minutes, he’s been cooperative. But then my Taser’s in his ***.
It read like something out of a Quentin Tarrantino film.

Bob Hubbard said:
Butt Idaho? What, an ear of corn wasn't available? LOL

That's Iowa. Idaho has potatoes. I'm not sure that's better though... ;)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
All I can say is that with such a serious violation of our policies -- they wouldn't be cops anymore and may well be charged with a number of offenses.

Empty Hands

Senior Master
Reaction score
If only the perp had been properly respectful to the police, this wouldn't have happened. Order must be maintained you know. Anally, if necessary.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If only the perp had been properly respectful to the police, this wouldn't have happened. Order must be maintained you know. Anally, if necessary.
Excuse me, but I don't believe any cop here on MT has supported this sort of crap.

The ******* who did it should be fired and prosecuted. I don't know exactly why the tape was erased; if it was to cover this, he should be fired. If it was erased because some similar stunt was depicted, the officer should be charged.

OP
Bob Hubbard

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think he was just trying to help the guy out with his hemorrhoid problem.
Hey, it's as good as any of the excuses I've seen elsewhere.

Seriously though, I think anyone who does stuff like this isn't fit for law enforcement. It's not a matter of "sensitivity training". If you're too stupid to know that this is wrong, you shouldn't wear the uniform. Just my opinion n all that.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Join the Marine Corps and you can feel like that perp all the time. BOHICA, baby.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dont know what the intent of these sort of posts are supposed to be...is it a "all cops are like this..damn pigs" message? Is it to see if we LEO's here will defend this behavior? A la empty hands smart *** comment?

Im with JKS. Investigate this cop and if possible fire him. The end. Where else can this thread be expected to go???

jarrod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dont know what the intent of these sort of posts are supposed to be...is it a "all cops are like this..damn pigs" message? Is it to see if we LEO's here will defend this behavior? A la empty hands smart *** comment?

Im with JKS. Investigate this cop and if possible fire him. The end. Where else can this thread be expected to go???

severe abuses of power should always be noted regardless of where they come from; it's not an across the board condemnation of cops.

this cop should be fired & prosecuted for assault & aggravated sodomy.

jf

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score

I would defer to the Forum Admin on why he put this specific post here, but I would no more generalize about the the intent behind "these sort of posts" than I would about police officer actions.

It most certainly is both news and discussion worthy when any agent of government is accused of abusing a member of the public.

Even if this particular cop did this act, that in no way means all cops - or all cops on this board - or all cops in Colorado do this type of perverse thing. Rotten apples have gotten into every societal barrel - we have seen pederast priests, corrupt judges, politicians on the take, etc. That doesn't mean all in a trade or profession are guilty..... or that any trade is immune. Smoking them out and condemning the bad ones are first and necessary steps, though, to keeping this the kind of country worth living in.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I dont want to come off as saying "dont post this sort of stuff"...by all means. I guess Im saying that on boards like this, things reach a "critical mass" when a number of similar threads get posted up..THAT starts to seem like a "message" more than the merits of any of the individual stories.

Does that make sense?

If I started posting up story after story of heinous crimes committed by people of a specific race..after a while someone is going to call me on "what is it you are getting at"?

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
You have to realize that these stories periodically surface in clumps about most any occupation. Show me somebody from a 'perfect profession' who can self righteously cast stones at cops.... and somebody will shoot that down in ten minutes.

Everyone comes here for different reasons...... yeah, there are those I perceive as chronic USA haters, who will with manic glee jump on any chance to go after my country. I just ignore them. Likewise, there are folks who hate all religion or all cops or all MMA...... that's why the GAWD EMPEROR created the ignore button.

But I don't think most posters or readers hail from such positions. If so, there'd be no reason for you or I to spend our spare time here.

Personally I hate the most the bad eggs in my profession - especially since I know the media and the haters will exploit them to smear the rest (read, vast majority) of the rest of us. But as long as the rest of us in my field - and the huge majority of decent cops who we are so fortunate to have here - condemn and expel the rotten ones......and by example put paid to any notion that 'they are all like that'.....there's a goos reason to be typing here.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
true..true...but from a "conversational standpoint" its always more interesting to discuss those "gray area" stories. You know, the ones where a Cop thinks "nothing wrong there" while non-LE think its a hanging offense. In stories like this one, beyond "yup...fire that guy" I dont know where else to go....

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Maybe I'm missing something but I've found this site to be very supportive of law enforcment. From that Hubbard guy (you know, the guy that started this thread, lol) all the way down to the lowest level (me). If I was a LEO, I would be proud of the support from this forum.

Deaf Smith

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Just because I support Law Enforcement does NOT mean I support blant thuggery. Law enforcement is supposed to enforce the laws, not break them.

Yes investigate the cop. If the charges are true, not only fire him, but charge him. There are laws on terrorism, torture, rape, official oppression, and others that can be used.

Keep in mind guys the Nazis used police to form most of the Einsatzgruppen. Yes German police units. So it can happen. Get some low grade people with badges and a grudge and let them loose with the power to do what the higher ups think is necessary.

Deaf

Latest Discussions