Ian Abernathy Drills Promo Video Clip!

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Everything I've ever seen or read by IA makes a tremendous amount of sense. No mystification, no arguments from authority, just rational, careful investigation of what does and does not work, informed by a very good grasp of the detailed history of karate. No posing, no ego, just the straight goods.

Aberthethy is Scottish, which really figures, in a certain way. Scottish culture seems to emphasize a kind of pragmatic, practical and skeptical approach to things; many of my Scottish friends embody that kind of view of things to a `T', along with open-mindedness and intense curiosity, and there seems in particular to be a very healthy mockery of `jumped up', pretentious posing and claims that can't be backed up by the hard currency of fact and demonstrated ability. What Abernethy talks about something, you really get the feeling that he wants to talk aboiut that something, not about himself. His DVDs on classic kata, particularly the Pinan kata set, are brilliant... there's no other word for it! I just wish he did seminars in the U.S.....

Latest Discussions