I will try it tonite

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well one week off the mat is driving me crazy, I just finished with the pills and I am wearing the insoles I will try tonite some light working out and see how my feet feeling.

I don't know if Kenpo ro TKD class but I will go to train.

Wish me luck.

Manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
you will be fine and remember pain is a emotion one does not need...
icon10.gif

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I find it funny that you are only giving yourself a week. Hey I took some magic pills and today I feel better and so I am going to get back out there.

Why do people always seem to feel so rushed to get back out there, at risk to their health? Are you worried that you will get out of shape if you take several weeks off? Are you worried you will forget everything that you have learned?

I guess I just don't get it.

As for us, since returning from Russia 10 days ago or so, Samantha has been complaining about her hip "popping" on occasion. Yes, we will take her to the Dr but regardless of what the Dr says, I have also sent e-mails to both of her coaches to let them know that she is going to be out of training for the next 3 months at a minimum.

I figure 3 months off after 12.5 years where we once took a month off after she suffered a mild concussion but otherwise have never taken more than 5 days off in a row, should give her time to repair her body and for me to repair my mind given how pissed off I am these days at USAT and TKD in general.

If though after 3 month her body is still suffering from even the slightest pain, bump, bruise or any other sort of injury then we will extend the time, because the body must be allowed to fully heal.

She has asked to compete in GM Young In Cheon's International TKD Festival at the end of this month. So I will probably allow her to do that (still on the fence though) but then we are away from TKD until Sept at the earliest.

Guess I will see a few of you at the Jimmy Kim Invitational as her grand return.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I find it funny that you are only giving yourself a week. Hey I took some magic pills and today I feel better and so I am going to get back out there.

Why do people always seem to feel so rushed to get back out there, at risk to their health? Are you worried that you will get out of shape if you take several weeks off? Are you worried you will forget everything that you have learned?

I guess I just don't get it.

As for us, since returning from Russia 10 days ago or so, Samantha has been complaining about her hip "popping" on occasion. Yes, we will take her to the Dr but regardless of what the Dr says, I have also sent e-mails to both of her coaches to let them know that she is going to be out of training for the next 3 months at a minimum.

I figure 3 months off after 12.5 years where we once took a month off after she suffered a mild concussion but otherwise have never taken more than 5 days off in a row, should give her time to repair her body and for me to repair my mind given how pissed off I am these days at USAT and TKD in general.

If though after 3 month her body is still suffering from even the slightest pain, bump, bruise or any other sort of injury then we will extend the time, because the body must be allowed to fully heal.

She has asked to compete in GM Young In Cheon's International TKD Festival at the end of this month. So I will probably allow her to do that (still on the fence though) but then we are away from TKD until Sept at the earliest.

Guess I will see a few of you at the Jimmy Kim Invitational as her grand return.

Mango thank you very much because you are so concern about my health, believe man I really apreciate it.

Yes, I am an emotional man, my job is super stressfull and my escape valve is the MA, believe me TKD and MA is waht keeps me going in the everyday, simple I just breath,live,eat and sleep TKD/MA.

You are absolutely right about waht you wrote, however I have the second dan examination on mid june and I just wana train to put all in order, I don't wana miss this chance, I've been waiting for so long.

I will show up and see how it's going, in fact I want to just do some stretching and some basic techs, I am not force myself but if I feel any disconfort I will stop and take it easy. I think that some pushups, situps and crunches will not harm me in anyway but againg if i feel disconfort I will stop and ask permition to leave.

I will want to start slow but al least do something and not to wait till the examnitaion is up on me.

I will not run, will not jump and will not force my feet.

Thank you again you are a truly amigo.

Manny

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well, I went dojang last night. I trained barefoot, I asked sambonim to train apart from the bunch cause I wanted to start slowly and see if I could make it.

I did a light warm up, a light stretching and light kicking, nothing special just the basic kicks at waist level and without efort, however I felt sad cause I wanted to join the class, I felt like excluded and yes, I wanted to kick high jajajajajaja!!!

I finished with crunches.

I felt my lefth ankle foot a little wierd, I felt no pain just a little disconfort but could be a mental thing, so I decided for the next class use my TKD shoes with the insoles and see if it works. Today I wake up without pain.

Manny

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have calcaneal talons on my ankles. Well yestarday I did not went to train, I had a meeting with my family in the church (yestarday was the day of the virgin Mary) and wen the finished I had no time to go train, so I went to dinner with my family instead.

Next moday I will go to kenpo dojo and tkd dojang as usual and let's see how will go.

Manny

Latest Discussions