Hello all

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, just a little blue. I've been sick (salmonella) for the last 15 days and I atend TKD class just once since that, I feel a little desmotivated right now, don't know why, but feel blue right now.

I will try to atend tonite to my class and see how I feel.

manny

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Quit feeling sorry for yourself and get back to class, welcome back by the way.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Being sick can make you depressed - which will, in turn, lessen your motivation. Go to class and work out - the exercise will help you feel better.

diamondbar1971

Green Belt
Reaction score
did you get it from the tomato scare..now we hear it is from peppers...we will probably really never know where the salmonella came from anyway. glad you are better

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hope it went well, if you attended! Being sick and missing class can be quite depressing. Hopefully you could make it, even if you had to take it kind of easy.

ProTaekwondo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Exercise naturally releases endorphins which is a hormone that makes you happier, also they act as "natural fever relievers". So after a good workout you should feel a lot better.

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ya know,

Everyone has been right. Go to class. It will help your recovery, don't get depressed. I have seen enough of people saying "Oh, if I miss a little then no big deal." I can tell you from 25 yrs of experience in martial arts and sports that it is a big deal. Making exceptions and excuses is just enabling you to dismiss training.

I am a Judo instructor and hapkido practitioner, I know it can be hard. But everyday I eat I workout. I don't care if it is calesthenics or stretching. Working kicks or meditation. It is all valuable, you get what you put into what you do. But decide one way or the other. Do or do not.

Good luck with your continued training and enjoy.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Being sick sucks.
Missing class hurts and if you miss to much you may never go back. Ask yourself are you missing class because you are sick or because you just don’t want to go. If you decide you want to go then get there as soon as possible. You might be surprised at how much better you feel after a good workout.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well i did it, I atended to my TKD class last night, I felt very tired in class, in fact I put (and did) the calistecnics/stretching with the class and afther that we did kicking techniques (chagi sul), then we did double flying kicks, I mean in the other side of the dojan our partner challengin us so we start runing and performed double kicks this was hard for me cause my over weight but well, we finish doing poomse (taeguks) and here I can barely catch my breath, it seems the ill plus the inactivity days harm me in some way.

Any how I went to training and today I feel a little swore in my tights because of lactic acid but overall I'm ok.

Next sunday all the youngest go to Mexico City for their black belt examination, I won't go, as you remember I told you several weeks ago I'm not prepared and don't have the money for the exam, however there will be another examanination next december.

Tomorrow I will go to class to do some kicking, maybe the sambunim will ask us to do some self defense.

Manny

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
As I look back, when I was a teen and was training TKD I did not miss a single class, in fact some days I trained twice, but now it's diferent, I'm a working man, with a family to take care off and bussiness to run and time is not always by my side, besides there are some days I'm very tired believe me. I return to TKD cause it's the only exerise/work out a like and cause I want to get some good health.

Well tonight is TKD training, I'm a litte swore but my kids and sambuning are waiting for me jejejeje.

Manny

Latest Discussions