I will have to change my training sessions

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Well I have now a point of view about the kenpo fitness center I'm atending to learn Kenpo and will have to do some reeschedule.

What the sensei teaches to adults is someting he calls Xtreme Kenpo this consit of three classe per week. On monday he teaches kenpo, on wensday he teaches grapling and friday he teaches kick boxing (kick boxing sparring cause all the training sessions have Kick Boxing Kicks and punches drills).

I don't want to learn grapling and Kick Boxing, I want to have full kenpo classes, so will have to ask sensei what other days he teaches Kenpo exclusively and fix my training schedule.

Actually I train twice per week TKD and twice per week Kenpo so I want only kenpo (not grapling or KB lessosn).

Kenpo is very interesting but having only one class per week it's not quite satisfactory to me, I'm hunger for kenpo and think I can learn more with more with two classe per week.

Manny

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, NEVER limit your training....learn every part of your training.

Kicking boxing and grappling one day...may help your more...

Anyone can teach you to swim...but actully jumping in the water...will teach you more....

Kempo is like teaching to swim....you will need to jump in the water!

Those one - three steps self-defense...do not always happen like that in real life....kick boxing is closer to a real fight....

Timing, distance...can only be learn by doing it!

IF you want a different kind of training that works great? ....take JUDO instead...very hands on training...

Aloha, Look at most martial arts....JUDO stands out in the real world!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, NEVER limit your training....learn every part of your training.

Kicking boxing and grappling one day...may help your more...

Anyone can teach you to swim...but actully jumping in the water...will teach you more....

Kempo is like teaching to swim....you will need to jump in the water!

Those one - three steps self-defense...do not always happen like that in real life....kick boxing is closer to a real fight....

Timing, distance...can only be learn by doing it!

IF you want a different kind of training that works great? ....take JUDO instead...very hands on training...

Aloha, Look at most martial arts....JUDO stands out in the real world!

Yes, the sky is the limit I understand it, but if I wanted to learn Kick Boxin I would go to a kick boxing gym/facility/school, also if I wanted to learn grapling I would go to a jujitsu/dojo.

My thing right now is Kenpo, grapling and kick boxing it's another tiket.

Thanks you for your reply.

Manny

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Everyone has choices...we can suggest our beliefs and thoughts....in the end it will always be your decision....

If you get a chance READ- (Living the Martial Way) ..It will help you understand what martial art is all about...Why," NOT" to limit one self...!

If a cook only learn to fried only eggs....what happens when someone orders bacon?

Aloha,

Hope you enjoy your eggs.....

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
Well I have now a point of view about the kenpo fitness center I'm atending to learn Kenpo and will have to do some reeschedule.

What the sensei teaches to adults is someting he calls Xtreme Kenpo this consit of three classe per week. On monday he teaches kenpo, on wensday he teaches grapling and friday he teaches kick boxing (kick boxing sparring cause all the training sessions have Kick Boxing Kicks and punches drills).

I don't want to learn grapling and Kick Boxing, I want to have full kenpo classes, so will have to ask sensei what other days he teaches Kenpo exclusively and fix my training schedule.

Actually I train twice per week TKD and twice per week Kenpo so I want only kenpo (not grapling or KB lessosn).

Kenpo is very interesting but having only one class per week it's not quite satisfactory to me, I'm hunger for kenpo and think I can learn more with more with two classe per week.

Manny

I don't know about where you are at (with being in Veracruz), but I understand. Good luck finding a Kenpo school. You may want to look into Kajukenbo if you can find anyone . . . I know it has at least somewhat of a following in Mexico.

Buena suerte con sus clases y si estes en Kentucky . . . ! (Good luck with your classes and if you were in Kentucky . . . !)

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Everyone has choices...we can suggest our beliefs and thoughts....in the end it will always be your decision....

If you get a chance READ- (Living the Martial Way) ..It will help you understand what martial art is all about...Why," NOT" to limit one self...!

If a cook only learn to fried only eggs....what happens when someone orders bacon?

Aloha,

Hope you enjoy your eggs.....

Don't want to argue with you, believe me, I took your advice but not agree with you in this moment, put it in this way if you are talking about cooking, how can I prepare a very nice and yummi meal for a night with friends if I just don't have any clue of how to boil or fry an egg???

I'm not a improvised people, I have some bagage in my back, I'm a TKD black belt, I have trained in some shotokan,judo and aikido, and NO I'm not a martial art guru, not the best fighter around, however I have certain experience in MA.

The reason I have taken Kenpo classes is because I feel it has a nice program in self defense techs that can improve my TKD and make me a better balance MA practician, I don't want to have just one Kenpo class per week,I am not interested in kick boxing or grapling.

I jst liked the Kenpo and want more classe of it, very simple.

Manny

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I jst liked the Kenpo and want more classe of it, very simple.

Manny

There is nothing wrong with that at all, Manny.

I feel the same way. If I pay for Kenpo, I want Kenpo, not Arnis or BJJ. I'd rather learn BJJ from a grappler or stickfighting from an arnisador.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've got news from my Kenpo sensei, he emaild me telling me we can fix the kenpo schedule. Maybe I will train personaly with sensei only Kenpo.

Manny

Milt G.

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've got news from my Kenpo sensei, he emaild me telling me we can fix the kenpo schedule. Maybe I will train personaly with sensei only Kenpo.

Manny

Hello,
Good news!

Do what you really want to do.
Life is too short to feel as if you are wasting your time.

Please let us know how it works out...

Thank you,
Milt G.

Latest Discussions