My first Kenpo Class

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Last night was my first kenpo class, I was the only one in white, white TKD pants,White Tshirt and white TKD shoes ah my gosh!!! all the other guys wearing black clothes or karategis. Class begin with stretching, no problem for me, then we did situps,pushups and crunches no problem it was just a warm up, then we proceded to do kickboxing techs, low kicks,long kicks and punching comobos, jabs,cross,hooks and uppercuts finishing this we did more exercise, crunches,situps,pushups,etc.

Kenpo Time!!!! sensei show us some kenpo aplications (techs) and thanx to my TKD background was easy to understood the kenpo moves, I was very exited the kenpo moves were easy to learn and easy to aply, I did kenpo with the sensei and tried to absorb all.

We finished with more exercise.

At the end I had some talking with the sensei, we exhange some info and he told me I did right, I endure the workout fine and my sense of SD is good. In the dojo sensei teaches some kick boxing and some grappling (floor fighting) because he felts it enhanced the kenpo.

Before leaving the dojo I told sensei I will return monday night.

I had a nice evening, the sensei is a nice guy and he takes care of his students, he demands good work and if you don't not get the tech he stays with you till yo get it.

It's too early to know if Kenpo it's going to work for me but at least it has what I'm looking for, smart self defense aplications, I think it could be a nice thing to ad to my TKD.

Manny

suicide

Black Belt
Reaction score
i had a major hang over the first kenpo class i ever attended threw up after the class was done and all that ... that was 9 or 10 years ago ive been addicted ever since :)

Latest Discussions