I was was helping my brother with email and came across this.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Long story short. I saw this in my face book post while I was helping my brother with email.

Anyone know this Kirk Lawson dude. lol
upload_2021-2-13_17-17-10.png

I need grammar check on my thread title lol.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
jowga definitely did. Wasn't sure if Ivan was aware since he found a link to kirk's bio.
Yeah I quoted his book in one discussion, later to find out that he was the author. lol. Talk about something I'll never forget. When I saw the picture of that book, that experience was the first thing I thought of.

Ultimate Win is, when you discuss something with someone, then quote a book, thinking that you are shedding some light on stuff. Then the guy you are talking to tells you, that he wrote the book that you were quoting lol. That was the strangest feeling I've ever felt lol.

Now I want to write a book and so that you turkeys will get to experience what I did. I'm not going to be the only one in this boat. lol. My Ultimate Win will be Jobo debating quoting something that I wrote trying to say he's right and I'm wrong lol.

That reminds me of "Bloody Mary". Let's see if it works. If I say the name three times. Jobo..... Jobo...... Jobo.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I quoted his book in one discussion, later to find out that he was the author. lol. Talk about something I'll never forget. When I saw the picture of that book, that experience was the first thing I thought of.

Ultimate Win is, when you discuss something with someone, then quote a book, thinking that you are shedding some light on stuff. Then the guy you are talking to tells you, that he wrote the book that you were quoting lol. That was the strangest feeling I've ever felt lol.

Now I want to write a book and so that you turkeys will get to experience what I did. I'm not going to be the only one in this boat. lol. My Ultimate Win will be Jobo debating quoting something that I wrote trying to say he's right and I'm wrong lol.

That reminds me of "Bloody Mary". Let's see if it works. If I say the name three times. Jobo..... Jobo...... Jobo.
Don't worry, you'll still be wrong with your interpretation of your own words. Somehow.

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score

I know probably 5-7 authors of books ranging from fiction to martial arts (mostly martial arts). It's an ever-present danger. :)

I remember when I was first encouraged to write this particular book by the, now dearly-departed, Ken Pfrenger. He introduced me to the fact that there was grappling in old-school pugilism. I said something like he should write a book on it, to which he replied that he never would but that I should do it instead. That kicked off several years of research and practice. :)

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Latest Discussions