I think my head is going to explode!

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
http://petloverstalk.com/showthread.php/118-Loose-dogs-Two-sides-of-the-coin

Ok, this is a bit unfair, to lure you to Bob's 'other' site, and then to yet a third, twice.
But I promise you will find a few interesting thoughts.

Guy in ....oh, forgot, up north there, close t Carol's corner.....shoots neighbors dog.
Dog was loose, on his property, messing with the rabbit hutch.
Police: he was within his right as state law allows you to shoot dogs who harass lifestock.

press: big meany head, doggy was just playing.....

Second story: a BB member tells how the loose neighbor dog killed several of her chickens. no papers involved, guns stayed holstered....AC confirms, she is within her right to shoot said dog should he return. No problems.

The ensuing parallel discussions are rather interesting:
The assumptions range from you can't talk with gun owners, to the laws are antiquated and need changing.

It did not help that the gentleman with the bunny used a semi automatic assault rifle to put OMG a round in the poor dog....

What can I say...you know how I feel about guns, how far left leaning I am....
In that context I fund myself just a shade away from Atilla the Hun! :lfao:
I am guessing I am firmly entrenced in the center.

But you have no idea how badly I wanted to pull this out of my hat:

[yt]k80nW6AOhTs[/yt]

but....can't do that there.
:angel:

DennisBreene

3rd Black Belt
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you've been revealed for the violent, societal scourge that your are. But some of us still find you admirable. :)

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Farmers here have always shot dogs that worry animals, there's no recourse for the dog owners.

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Farmers here have always shot dogs that worry animals, there's no recourse for the dog owners.

the majority of states (probably all, really) have the laws on the boo as well.
Which of course does not bother the Press. As somebody put it: stories with guns sll, stories with dogs sell, stories with guns and dogs are media gold.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Which of course does not bother the Press. As somebody put it: stories with guns sll, stories with dogs sell, stories with guns and dogs are media gold.
There was an off duty police officer here that was walking his dog at a park and another person had his dog there not on a leash. The unleashed dog attacked his dog which was smaller and on a leash. The officer shot the other dog to defend his dog. He was crushed in the papers here. I know him personally he was sent death threats, The papers question why he even had a gun on him off duty. It was bad for a while. The published his picture in the paper and everything.

pgsmith

Master of Arts
Reaction score

People seem to always be surprised when they realize that the media's function in our society is to sell, not to inform. :)

OP
granfire

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
There was an off duty police officer here that was walking his dog at a park and another person had his dog there not on a leash. The unleashed dog attacked his dog which was smaller and on a leash. The officer shot the other dog to defend his dog. He was crushed in the papers here. I know him personally he was sent death threats, The papers question why he even had a gun on him off duty. It was bad for a while. The published his picture in the paper and everything.

yeah, don't forget, he was a mean ole gun toting cop....(the rabbit owner was an ex cop btw....)

but yes, that is the gist of it: I broke the laws and you are a big fat poopyhead for hurting me.

The above mentioned guy had protesters picketing his house...according from some sources they were not even from the state! Makes you wonder who paid them!

But while it does have the gun angle, it is more of a disconnect between urban and rural people.
I am serious when I say that somebody suggested the laws regarding lifestock were antiquated, and since only about 2% of the population still farmed as main occupation the law needed to be revised!

Gave me the idea for a dystopian story: the urban part of the population suppress the rural people (check that, the laws are already changing) until the country people ran out of hiding places. And since they produce the food for the cities, the rebellion is on.

To bad it's not my type of story....

Latest Discussions