I no longer care about Jeet Kune Do

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
i do exercises, that if possible dont require me to stand up much,

like sleeping?
I am totally another opinion i train as much as possible standing.
Clean & press is a great example of a Full body exercise.
Can even do barbell complex workouts. minimal equipment & trains everything.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
like sleeping?
I prefer exercises where as much of the body is involved as possible. Standing while doing arm exercises inherently involves some leg muscles (even if only balance muscles), torso, etc.

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I prefer exercises where as much of the body is involved as possible. Standing while doing arm exercises inherently involves some leg muscles (even if only balance muscles), torso, etc.
yes i hate the word "Core" but it trains everything. Abs ; lower back as you said legs..etc all important im Martial arts or any sport.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
sitting down throwinga short rope round your foot, and pulling with both arms whilst , whilst forcing your leg out is also close to a full body mov3ment,( after youve done both legs, obviously) and infinetly adjustable

i also do l sits, they do quite a lot too

Last edited:

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sitting down throwinga short rope round your foot, and pulling with both arms whilst , whilst forcing your leg out is also close to a full body mov3ment,( after youve done both legs, obviously) and infinetly adjustable

i also do l sits, they do quite a lot too
The seated exercise actually limits recruitment of the lower core and upper leg muscles (because you're stabilized just below the waist, and perhaps above if leaning back against a chair back). But it does do a good bit more than an isolation exercise.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
like sleeping?
i developed my training system whilst i was spending an inordinate amount of time sat in cars and planes, start doing a clean and jerk in the passageway of a 747 and they get really upset with you, lsits you can get away with

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i developed my training system whilst i was spending an inordinate amount of time sat in cars and planes, start doing a clean and jerk in the passageway of a 747 and they get really upset with you, lsits you can get away with
They don't get really upset until you drop the bar at the end.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The seated exercise actually limits recruitment of the lower core and upper leg muscles (because you're stabilized just below the waist, and perhaps above if leaning back against a chair back). But it does do a good bit more than an isolation exercise.
no it doesnt, try it, you can feel those lower abs, your holding them and just about everything else in max tension as your using absolute max strengh

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
this is so funny... you have to be trolling ....it´s good people are so polite here. other forums i was on would rip you apart.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
this is so funny... you have to be trolling ....it´s good people are so polite here. other forums i was on would rip you apart.
its back to isometrics, you dont axtualy need a resitance at all to develop strengh / muscle, just the ability to recruit enough muscle fibres, to over load the muscle, which takes time to develop your ns

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
its back to isometrics, you dont axtualy need a resitance at all to develop strengh / muscle, just the ability to recruit enough muscle fibres, to over load the muscle
you need a range of motion too. no athlete has ever trained only on isometrics or we can talk about plyometrics?
a sprinter will use plyometrics but he will also do barbell squats.

Plyometrics - Wikipedia

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
ive told you i multi task

i had a bus work out, where i spent my 15 minete journey, trying to bend the safety bars across the window,, i had to stop that, as i eventualy managed to bend one and they got cross .

now i spend the journey trying to pull one of the holding loops/ handles off the ceiling, not managed that yet, but i feel im getting close

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
you need a range of motion too. no athlete has ever trained only on isometrics or we can talk about plyometrics?
a sprinter will use plyometrics but he will also do barbell squats.

, mPlyometrics - Wikipedia
well no you dont, isos work circa 15 degress either side of the point of hold, so you just need to do three in different postions to get a useful range of strengh curve, or 5 if you can be bothered, which i cant

as it is i tend to do holds in the part of the stengh curve where im weaker

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
well no you dont, isos work circa 15 degress either side of the point of hold, so you just need to do three in different postions to get a useful range of strengh curve,

as it is a tend to do holds in the part of the stengh curve where im weaker
OK so sprinters do no squats? or Box squats.
you have never trained seriously. just trolling.

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ive told you i multi task

i had a bus work out, where i spent my 15 minete journey, trying to bend the safety bars across the window,, i had to stop that, as i eventualy managed to bend one and they got cross .

now i spend the journey trying to pull one of the holding loops/ handles off the ceiling, not managed that yet, but i feel im getting close
you have the correct picture on your profile. A clown !;)

Latest Discussions