I no longer care about Jeet Kune Do

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the whole of Manchester? you know every Gym & Tough Mudders in the whole city & sourrounding areas?
I know Germans who do do it & are even trained by a Brit here. You use excuses because you really are an Arm chair warrior (your post)
Over-50’s are pretty common in Tough Mudder (and other mud runs) in the US. I walked part of one with an over-80 woman who was doing her second one that weekend. She was an exception, of course, but over 50 isn’t rare at all.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well they do something, i can accuratly predict that if they are alive they are dong something, even if its sitting there watching tv

if you want to make more specific claims than that you need figures or your just making things up
You don’t need figures to prove that some people in a group do a specific thing.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
well they do something, i can accuratly predict that if they are alive they are dong something, even if its sitting there watching tv

if you want to make more specific claims than that you need figures or your just making things up

How many do something? What are the figures?

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
but i didnt say you could did i, i didnt mention you at all
What method could you get there in 4 hours? And which Ice Cap are you referring to? I'm looking for flights to greenland, and failing to find any that would take me from the UK to Greenland in 4 hours, not including boarding time, time to get to the airport, time to leave the other airport, and time to get a taxi out to (or walk to or bus or whatever) to the nearest ice cap. The best I could find is a 24 hour flight with a stop in reykjavik. If there's one in iceland, it's only like a 2 hour flight to reykjavik, plus bus time. Assuming that there was a flight available directly when you stated it, since you said you could get there in 4 hours, not that travel time for a planned trip is 4 hours.

I'm assuming that you're still in the UK though. I think I remember you saying you travel a bit. If you're in, greenland already that's a different story. And if you were in like texas when you posted that, you're way off.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
What method could you get there in 4 hours? And which Ice Cap are you referring to? I'm looking for flights to greenland, and failing to find any that would take me from the UK to Greenland in 4 hours, not including boarding time, time to get to the airport, time to leave the other airport, and time to get a taxi out to (or walk to or bus or whatever) to the nearest ice cap. The best I could find is a 24 hour flight with a stop in reykjavik. If there's one in iceland, it's only like a 2 hour flight to reykjavik, plus bus time. Assuming that there was a flight available directly when you stated it, since you said you could get there in 4 hours, not that travel time for a planned trip is 4 hours.

I'm assuming that you're still in the UK though. I think I remember you saying you travel a bit. If you're in, greenland already that's a different story. And if you were in like texas when you posted that, you're way off.
greenland? which artic ?
you do know the artic goes all the way round, it a globe! and there is only one

Last edited:

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
You don’t need figures to prove that some people in a group do a specific thing.
no you dont, but thats not what he is doing, he is putting a % on it, but not saying what that % is, other than its greater than, ,,,

that needs data

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Over-50’s are pretty common in Tough Mudder (and other mud runs) in the US. I walked part of one with an over-80 woman who was doing her second one that weekend. She was an exception, of course, but over 50 isn’t rare at all.
i remember a bodybuilding forum i wrote on there was a few guys on there in the US who did competitions military style shooting, timed speed marches...etc.
they loved it. they of course trained differently to a Gym rat. more cross fit type training, kettle bells, rope climbing. cross fit is another competition that older people compete in.

Last edited:

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
ok a bit of fun here ..the old guy was an ex pro boxer (can´t remember his name)
spanked the kid good...hahaha !

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i remember a bodybuilding forum i wrote on there was a few guys on there in the US who did competitions military style shooting, timed speed marches...etc.
they loved it. they of course trained differently to a Gym rat. more cross fit type training, kettle bells, rope climbing. cross fit is another competition that older people compete in.

the jury is rather out on cross fit, coz of the terrible lifting technques that abound

i consider you likely to end up very fit with a number of life long skeletal issues,

that and they have special plates made that look a lot heavier than they are, which makes it hard to judge off blury video

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
the jury is rather out on cross fit, coz of the terrible lifting technques that abound

i consider you likely to end up very fit with a number of life long skeletal issues,
every sport that pushes limits has risks. doing nothing like you has risks.
some of these people are in great shape at an advanced age. more importantly they are enjoying a better quality of life. I honestly do not know why you are even on here. you are a bitter person who has not reached anything in life so you give only negative vibes out on here.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
every sport that pushes limits has risks. doing nothing like you has risks.
some of these people are in great shape at an advanced age. more importantly they are enjoying a better quality of life. I honestly do not know why you are even on here. you are a bitter person who has not reached anything in life so you give only negative vibes out on here.

we are discussing fitness, i cant see why you cant do that with out making it personal, but hey ho it is what it is,,

but,,,, anyway back to topic,,, speed weight lifting, that doesnt require good lifting techniques is a terible idea for a sport, if the purpose of that sport, is to increase the quality of your life, now and going forwards

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
we are discussing fitness, i cant see why you cant do that with out making it personal, but hey ho it is what it is,,

but,,,, anyway back to topic,,, speed weight lifting, that doesnt require good lifting techniques is a terible idea for a sport, if the purpose of that sport, is to increase the quality of your life, now and going forwards
looking at the quality of your posts you are a guy who goes around the threads picking arguements not discussing it. you even wrote on one thread, well i´m right then honestly mate you have no life. do you even train in any martial arts or have you ever trained? Sitting on your arm chair playing with a bullworker is not the same as climbing a rope is it? The Actor charles bronson was known for his push ups & rope climbing long before cross fit was invented. look it up. he was muscular & ripped. sorry mate but i just can´t take you seriously

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
looking at the quality of your posts you are a guy who goes around the threads picking arguements not discussing it. you even wrote on one thread, well i´m right then honestly mate you have no life. do you even train in any martial arts or have you ever trained? Sitting on your arm chair playing with a bullworker is not the same as climbing a rope is it? The Actor charles bronson was known for his push ups & rope climbing long before cross fit was invented. look it up. he was muscular & ripped. sorry mate but i just can´t take you seriously
why are we getting into personal attacks,,

ive got a great life, i had enough money at 50 to retire and spend it doing exactly what i want to do, exactly, it may not be your perfect life but its mine,

im very fit for a 61 year old, im with in a second of the world record, 100m for a 60 year old, im faster now than the world record for a 61 year old, it was my intent to break it last year, but covid,

this year the record time decreases and im getting faster, just need covid to go and im in the guiness book of world records,

thats my current fitness goal, whats yours ?

stanly stud

Blue Belt
Reaction score
why are we getting into personal attacks,,

ive got a great life, i had enough money at 50 to retire and spend it doing exactly what i want to do, exactly, it may not be your perfect life but its mine,

im very fit for a 61 year old, im with in a second of the world record, 100m for a 60 year old, im faster now than the world record for a 61 year old, it was my intent to break it last year, but covid,

this year the record time decreases and im getting faster, just need covid to go and im in the guiness book of world records,

thats my current fitness goal, whats yours ?[/QUOTE]

My goal should be to not feed trolls like you.
You are a record breaker...eh? but you wrote you would rather sit in your arm chair with a bullworker. (your words not mine)
Give you one thing mate you´re entertaining !

anyway i thought you also were going to cycle 300 miles too? or is this another record?:)

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
anyway i thought you also were going to cycle 300 miles too? or is this another record?:)
no thats that unlikely to be a record, though i admit i havent research cycling records, but i really doubt it, its just a nice way to spend a week or so, cycling the canal network,( flat) and my dog can come,

im doing sprinting coz it only takes up a few minetes of my day and i can do it whilst walking the dog, so it doesnt at all get in the way of my other activities .

so whats your fitness goal for the year ?

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
i see you numerous abilities dont extend to working the quote function?

i spend a big chunk of my life listening( and trying to play) to music, i tend to do things, that multi task with that,
i do exercises, that if possible dont require me to stand up much, you can do a considerable amount whist sitting down,

when i do stand up, every hour or so, i do some strengh exercises, whilst waiting for the kettle to boil,or on my way back from the toilet. then i take the dog out and either cycle or sprint train, dependent on my mood and the weather,