I Hate Days Like This

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't stop eating. I have been pigging out all day long. It seems like I just can't get that hunger to go away. In fact, as I type, my fingers are stained orange and the keyboard littered with tiny kernels from the 1/3 bag of cheesy popcorn I just polished off. Then I finished that up with a frozen bite size 3 Musketeer bar.

Hmmm...lessee, what else. Ok, woke up and ate 2 hard boiled eggs. 10 min. later, still hungry. Scarfed down some corned beef and a slice of swiss cheese. Then a frozen mini Twix bar and Tootsie roll. Then a bowl of soup with saltines in it. All this before noon. Ummmm....then I think was the cheesy popcorn and another bite size candy. It's only 3:00 in the afternoon!

Normally I have 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, a bowl of soup for lunch, and then dinner and maybe a munchie in the evening.

I hate days like this. I trained super hard last night, my muscles are sore today, think that has anything to do with it? We train hard every class but last night's warm-up was a real *** kicker.

Anyone else get days like this? How do you stop the madness!

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Probably the hard workout/training you had last night. I have had plenty of days where no matter how much or even what I ate, nothing could fill me up. When I was a teenager I think I was hungary 24/7/365. I used to keep some rice cakes around because they were crunchy, tastey, and filling.

Arizona Angel

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Haven't ate non stop like that without filling up since I was pregnant!

I think it's a hormonal thing.

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I hate days like that too, especially when I start to feel real sick to my stomach if I don't eat when the hunger pains start.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have had a few days like this, too. I've been told before it's likely I'm deficient in some vitamin or mineral. Wish I knew what it was.

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You are getting fatter quit eating only look don't eat.
Just Kidding

I have had days like that all the time.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
like so much else, your body is telling you something.

try drinking some gatorade. i cut mine 50/50 with water, cos it's so salty. but it is designed to replenish a lot of the minerals you lose when you work out.

if you're just craving calories, maybe step away from the popcorn and grab an orange. fruits and veggies are best for snacking.

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Really strong coffee works for me.

although my fix for a lot of things is really strong coffee...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Been there...With me it's pizza..When the mood is upon me I can polish off a large pie and STILL have roome for dessert...

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I can't stop eating. I have been pigging out all day long. It seems like I just can't get that hunger to go away. In fact, as I type, my fingers are stained orange and the keyboard littered with tiny kernels from the 1/3 bag of cheesy popcorn I just polished off. Then I finished that up with a frozen bite size 3 Musketeer bar.

Hmmm...lessee, what else. Ok, woke up and ate 2 hard boiled eggs. 10 min. later, still hungry. Scarfed down some corned beef and a slice of swiss cheese. Then a frozen mini Twix bar and Tootsie roll. Then a bowl of soup with saltines in it. All this before noon. Ummmm....then I think was the cheesy popcorn and another bite size candy. It's only 3:00 in the afternoon!

Normally I have 2 hard boiled eggs for breakfast, a bowl of soup for lunch, and then dinner and maybe a munchie in the evening.

I hate days like this. I trained super hard last night, my muscles are sore today, think that has anything to do with it? We train hard every class but last night's warm-up was a real *** kicker.

When I have found that I am hungry and eating does not stop the feeling or get rid of the headache, I drink lots more water. Just plain water. A couple of big glasses down righ away and then drink more a little later, and when I get hungry again and it is soon, I drink even more water.

Dehydration can make one think they are hungry, when they are actually thirsty. :)

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dude, If you eat chocolate you are deficient in A,D,and K. After a killer workout try and carb up. It will only help, if your muscles are sore then stretch.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'll agree with Rich and say also RUN! It'll stop whatever fat that might be building up in your body from binge eating. But yeah lots of water and Matt has a good suggestion to carb up but make sure it's not before bed-time.
Your impluse to eat might also be a sign of stress from other places/situations/things in your life. Whatever they may be I'd take a look at them and deal with them. The implusive desire to eat anything in sight (food wise okay) is a symptom of stress and the mind & body's way of trying to cope with it. Maybe there's a little nagging worry in the back of your mind and it's trying to manifest itself through a abnormal desire to eat.
Do a bit of internal soul searching and see what might be wrong or missing or whatever. Talk to your significant other about whatever might be bothering you. Mebbe that'll help.
In the mean time do whatever you need to do to get rid of the excess that you're putting in above your normal diet.

Good luck.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

I find poverty helps. I haven't purchased a bag of chips in I don't know how long.
Sean

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
You are getting fatter quit eating only look don't eat.
Just Kidding

I have had days like that all the time.

LMAO!! :whip:

Touch Of Death said:
I find poverty helps. I haven't purchased a bag of chips in I don't know how long.
Sean

Yep, that helps. ;)

I feel back to normal today. Thank God. I hate those days. Haven't had one in a loooong time. Thanks for the great advice (and the commiserating). :D

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I have found that I am hungry and eating does not stop the feeling or get rid of the headache, I drink lots more water. Just plain water. A couple of big glasses down righ away and then drink more a little later, and when I get hungry again and it is soon, I drink even more water.

Dehydration can make one think they are hungry, when they are actually thirsty. :)
I agree, but I find beer to be more effective. Just in case you're wrong about thirst vs. hunger, you're covered with the barley and hops.

:uhyeah:

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I agree, but I find beer to be more effective. Just in case you're wrong about thirst vs. hunger, you're covered with the barley and hops.

:uhyeah:

I like the way you think.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Dude, If you eat chocolate you are deficient in A,D,and K. After a killer workout try and carb up. It will only help, if your muscles are sore then stretch.

Dang. My wife keeps a bowl filled with dark chocolate M&Ms. I... I try to resist, but I'm weak *sob*

I've not a person who is really in tune with their body, but I've had days where the word BREAD! flashed in my mind like neon. Came home from class one time and ate an English muffin, a bowl of pasta, and then topped it with a "wish sandwich" - two slices of bread.

Latest Discussions