I finally get it...I think!!

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I had a weird thing happen today I think I finally understand a little more about Ki.

First off; My first instructor taught about Ki and "one point" back in the 80's. I tried to understand how to apply it to everyday life. I had a good thoery as to what it was, but just didn't grasp it. Since then I've thought about Ki and tried using it to no avail.

Yesterday I read a couple chapters in a book called "Aikido in Daily Life". The discriptions help tremendously.

Today while chipping Ice in the driveway I was getting fairly run down beating this shovel against the ice, when I remebered what I read. So I relaxed and focused on "one point" and breaking the ice was easy.

This is the first real insident I 've used Ki outside of the "ki-up". I don't have any point to this post other than I feel like I just passed a belt test!!

It's very exciting to me..OK. One of those milestone moments.

bushidomartialarts

Senior Master
Reaction score
well done. of course, for your next trick you need to carry that thought with you all day in everything you do.

not that i've gotten anywhere near that, mind you.

well done.

CuongNhuka

Senior Master
Reaction score
You're on your way, good job! Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to figure it out. Now that you've gotten that done, it's just matter of time!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The journey is long but the upside is one out of every ten million really understand it so keep working at it like the rest of us and maybe one day you can explain it to me

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've been doing that while splitting wood this winter. Dropping ki and drawing the axe handle back to my center like a katana has allowed me to split some really hard wood like it was paper. To add to the experience, yesterday while splittling a piece of white oak as the edge of the axe contacted the top of the piece of wood I felt every fiber of the wood split as the edge sliced through it. Still haven't gotten to a point where I can feel it every time but it was very cool to be able to feel what the axe head felt while it was an extension of my body. Keep on "ki"-ping on and best of luck in your training.:)

Latest Discussions