I finally did it !!

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Well I finally did it and earned my 1st Degree Black Belt in Shaolin Kung Fu !!!! No it is time to dig into the 2nd degree curriculum, more Longfist and 5 Animals to come !!! Currently training Panther and Butterfly swords :)

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

You must feel amazing! Great job!

How do you like the sword work so far? I'm just curious, I haven't seen it.

oftheherd1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Congratulations! There is no feeling like attaining your first black belt.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Congratulations! Welcome to the wider world that begins to open at black belt!

tinker1

Green Belt
Reaction score
congratulations. Remember a black belt only means that you've got the basics down pretty well. Now the real work begins!

As a side note.

Back in the early 70's I studied Sil Lum Kung Fu under Master Wing Lam (Sunnyvale CA). Back then no one in Kung Fu earned belts... that was considered a Karate thing. Master Lam wore a siple white rope around his waist, in addition to the black sash we all wore. Master Lam used to joke and say "see... I'm a white belt" while holding his rope up for all to see.

Last edited:

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Congrats to you, my friend. It is a long journey. May you continue to enjoy it. Great job!

OP
bowser666

bowser666

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to continuing my journey.

Carol I have done some sword work, not a whole ton, we do train the basics with Jian and Dao, so I am familiar with handling the weapons. More advnaced things Like San Cai Jian, etc........ are yet to come. I can't wait !

ATACX GYM

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
congrats congrats congrats! Maybe you can drop us a vid of you doing one of the forms?

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Well I finally did it and earned my 1st Degree Black Belt in Shaolin Kung Fu !!!!

Congratulations! You have learned the basics. It's now time to start truly learning your art.

You've reached a significant milepost on your journey.

Latest Discussions