I can't buy that book on Kindle but, someone in the UK can?!

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am bemused now as to what it could be? It's not "Fun with Explosives and Aeroplanes" or "Obama: Not as White as He's Painted" or something like that is it? :lol:.

If we can figure out a legal method I really don't mind getting it for you by the way.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It may well have coding in the file that'd defeat this plan, and it's not easy to turn a Kindle book into a pdf.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Raymond Feist, Magician. The last book in the series comes out next month and I like to reread the whole series before.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am bemused now as to what it could be? It's not "Fun with Explosives and Aeroplanes" or "Obama: Not as White as He's Painted" or something like that is it? :lol:.

If we can figure out a legal method I really don't mind getting it for you by the way.
hahaha

rlobrecht

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I should have mentioned this in my earlier post. If you can find a non-Amazon store who will sell it to you, you might be able to use Calibre to convert it to Kindle format for you. http://calibre-ebook.com

I used to buy a lot of eBooks from Peanut Press, which became eReader.com, which was bought by Fictionwise, and then bought by Barnes & Noble. Late last year, B&N announced that they would be shutting the doors on all their non Nook eBook companies, and you could convert all your eBooks to Nook format, but despite following their instructions, it never worked for me.

I then found Calibre, and it was able to convert all of my Peanut Press books to AZW3 Kindle format.

Sukerkin

Have the courage to speak softly
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have the first couple of Magician books in paperback but that really doesn't help you much :(. I am amazed you can't get them in the US; that's a genuine puzzle.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can get paperbacks, I don't want them. I want Kindle. What aggravates me is, while Feist is an American author, his books are released in the UK first. Sometimes as much as 6 months before the US release. I know, I've bought the hardcovers from Amazon.uk. Add that to the idiocy of not having licensed well over half his books to the ebook format, I don't get it.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I can get paperbacks, I don't want them. I want Kindle. What aggravates me is, while Feist is an American author, his books are released in the UK first. Sometimes as much as 6 months before the US release. I know, I've bought the hardcovers from Amazon.uk. Add that to the idiocy of not having licensed well over half his books to the ebook format, I don't get it.

In an unrelated discussion about ebook publishing, somebody suggested that the ebook people - I ahve to admit I am not clear on who 'they' are - put the thumb screws to the publishing companies.
It could be that your favorite author is just not playing the game ad opting to not go the route much. (it was a general discussion on ebook pricing, considering it ridiculous to pay hardcover prices for a digital copy, considering the possible problems you can encounter with such digital items you don't have with a paper issue)

But it certainly sucks. As it does with certain videos getting blocked on youtube, 'sorry not in your country'

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I emailed that author. The other author whose early works aren't in ebook format, David Eddings, sadly died, and therefore, is less likely to answer his email... :p

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
yes, I can see where that would crimp his style a little.....