I Bet He Wishes the Ground Would Swallow Him Up!

When. I got out they wanted to give me a 15% disability rating for hearing loss I refused because I was afraid it would hurt my chances of getting a police job. Plus I hear fine out of my left ear and didn't feel deserved it. They need to get stricter on who gets ratings and what % they get. Its the same in police work however. I know a guy broke his finger and got medically retired gets 50% of his highest salary tax free and free medical for a finger and I know a female got the same for breaking her wrist on duty. She was playing on a swing set at 2 am with her boyfriend and fell. So its not just the feds that are messed up

Your state is messed up on police "disability" retirements. In VA -- to get your 66 2/3, you have to be pretty badly messed up. And fight for it, often...

Your state is messed up on police "disability" retirements. In VA -- to get your 66 2/3, you have to be pretty badly messed up. And fight for it, often...

I agree I know 2 guys medically retired from one department getting 662/3 and are now working as a cop at another department. The guy that broke his finger is a friend of mine he gets his benefits and is now an armed security K9 handler for the hospital police.
And the female moved to NC and is a probation enforcement officer

Latest Discussions

Back