I asked ChatGPT which martial art was the easiest to learn...

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm debating the ChatGpt. Luke Skywalker vs Superman. lol... I lost.

I asked the bot why was it always trying to be neutral. It said that it's designed to be balance. I told it that everything can't be balanced like an ant can't beat up a human.

Response: Too many questions in 1 hour lol.

we shall see... we shall see.lol
I think you’re creeping toward the issues with AI as it stands: Specificity.

The colossal AI, Deep Thought, in ‘Hitchhiker’ Guide to the Galaxy’ was asked ‘what is the meaning of life (the universe and everything)’. It asked for seven million years to work it out and requested a meeting at that point. Seven million years later Deep Thought is met by the distant ancestors of those who posed the question and told announced the meaning of life, the universe and everything is….’forty two’. The initial question was not specific enough to give a meaningful answer and I feel this is where we might feel short changed due to our inadequate crafting of questions. An ant can’t ‘beat‘ a human at chess, rocket design or in a one-to-one fight. But in the formation of formic acid within it’s body, it’d hands down be the winner!

I know you’re only having a bit of fun and I suspect the phrase ‘too many questions in an hour’s chat’ is basically written into the code to fob off unanswerable questions!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A thought provoking short story by Issac Asimov, in the similar vein as Deep Thought can be read/or listened to here. A great bed time story for children.

_Simon_

Senior Master
Reaction score

The colossal AI, Deep Thought, in ‘Hitchhiker’ Guide to the Galaxy’ was asked ‘what is the meaning of life (the universe and everything)’. It asked for seven million years to work it out and requested a meeting at that point. Seven million years later Deep Thought is met by the distant ancestors of those who posed the question and told announced the meaning of life, the universe and everything is….’forty two’. The initial question was not specific enough to give a meaningful answer and I feel this is where we might feel short changed due to our inadequate crafting of questions. An ant can’t ‘beat‘ a human at chess, rocket design or in a one-to-one fight. But in the formation of formic acid within it’s body, it’d hands down be the winner!

I know you’re only having a bit of fun and I suspect the phrase ‘too many questions in an hour’s chat’ is basically written into the code to fob off unanswerable questions!
Hmm, that just reminded me of something... sometimes it's not about finding the perfect answer, but in the quality of question we ask. Asking a quality question may be more important than the answer we get. And changing the quality of question that we ask ourselves is important, and it also let's us know what is behind the question (the "why"). Maybe off topic, maybe not relevant, but maybe just maybe, it... may... be!

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that just reminded me of something... sometimes it's not about finding the perfect answer, but in the quality of question we ask. Asking a quality question may be more important than the answer we get. And changing the quality of question that we ask ourselves is important, and it also let's us know what is behind the question (the "why"). Maybe off topic, maybe not relevant, but maybe just maybe, it... may... be!
I think you’ve knocked the nail on the head, _Simon_. Asking simple, crafted questions are likely to produce meaningful answers although several questions may need to be asked to get to that point.

But let’s be honest, most people will use ChatGPT to write reports, essays and grant applications so they can free up their time to look at the latest from the Kardashians/Superhero film.

OP
Bill Mattocks

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think you’ve knocked the nail on the head, _Simon_. Asking simple, crafted questions are likely to produce meaningful answers although several questions may need to be asked to get to that point.

But let’s be honest, most people will use ChatGPT to write reports, essays and grant applications so they can free up their time to look at the latest from the Kardashians/Superhero film.
You say that like it's a bad thing. :)

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

I asked it to write a story and it wrote a story. I was impressed because it was a good start that someone could use to start with, but I kept wanting to expand and change it. I found that it lacked "the human experience" The story had no feeling. I was lacking the emotion. However, it was good enough to be a template in which someone can build a good story upon. I think it will be good for those who are at high risk of getting off topic when telling a story.

Gyakuto

Senior Master
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked it to write a story and it wrote a story. I was impressed because it was a good start that someone could use to start with, but I kept wanting to expand and change it. I found that it lacked "the human experience" The story had no feeling. I was lacking the emotion. However, it was good enough to be a template in which someone can build a good story upon. I think it will be good for those who are at high risk of getting off topic when telling a story.
Going off topic is where the fun lies…

Latest Discussions