Hunting - split from Kukri vs Machette

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you hunt?
If you just dropped $12,000 on a hunt for a trophy buff, then you will spend your time pursuing it. Anytime spent doing something else, like stalking a cull animal or dressing it out is time not spent toward the trophy, and you are on a limited time frame with these hunts. Trophy hunters are picky at least the experienced ones are, I have watched guys pass up 8 point bucks in hopes of getting a 10. I suspect most of those culls are taken after the trophy is taken. But it sounds like it is a good program, I hope it works.

honestly mostly here we cull. Pigs are a pain to everybody and are fun to kill. Trophies are secondary. Even meat is secondary.

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile, in other news :

A hunter patiently stalking animals earlier this month on a ranch in De Leon, Texas, when suddenly they saw a massive creature that made him do a “double take.” It was a nearly 800-pound hog, which was almost double the size of the biggest hog Blaine Garcia had ever captured.

“I did a double take. I couldn’t believe his size.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with hunting, been known to do so myself. However that's with the caveat it's for food not sport. I don't particularly care for sport hunting here in the US but for big game... not so much either.

You kill it ... you clean it & eat it. Otherwise I don't see the use, only waste.

IMHO the only time non-food harvesting should occur is for herd control (like happens here for white tail & swamp deer) or disease control. Otherwise it should truly be IMHO from the field to the table.

I agree. You clean it and either eat it or sell it to be eaten. You could also use the skin for a variety if purposes. I don't believe in killing just for the sake of killing as some people will do. But the way I see it, there is nothing wrong with killing if you use what you kill.

Hunting is Biblically justified.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree. You clean it and either eat it or sell it to be eaten. You could also use the skin for a variety if purposes. I don't believe in killing just for the sake of killing as some people will do. But the way I see it, there is nothing wrong with killing if you use what you kill.

Hunting for food yes but you were talking about killing animals that you possibly eat such as elephants and lions. You seem to have taken a U turn here.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hunting for food yes but you were talking about killing animals that you possibly eat such as elephants and lions. You seem to have taken a U turn here.

People eat elephants and lions, not that I would ever hunt an elephant.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Frankly, who gives a ****? The Christian bible endorses a lot of reprehensible things.
Judges 21:10-24
Numbers 31:7-18
Deuteronomy 20:10-14
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
Deuteronomy 22:23-24
Exodus 21:7-11
Zechariah 14:1-2
Deuteronomy 13:13-19
That short and far from complete list is of biblical quotes endorsing rape, murder, slavery and burning to death anyone who doesn't share your beliefs.
Pretty heinous, really.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of right now I can't afford to hunt any of the big five which would be elephant,
rinoceros, cape buffalo, lion, and leopard. Hunting any of them is very expensive and besides I would want more experience hunting in Africa before I was to hunt any of them as they can be very dangerous.

So, you wouldn't hunt what exactly?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't ever hunt elephant. As of right now I would not hunt lion or leopard as I would want more experience.

And of course you are going to eat all the lion and leopard aren't you, every little bit of them then you are going to make clothes out of the skin.......
You don't need any experience to shoot these animals, they are driven in front of the guns like lambs to the slaughter, they wouldn't have a chance to get to you of course. Oh and you did include elephant when you said you wanted to shoot game.

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
And of course you are going to eat all the lion and leopard aren't you, every little bit of them then you are going to make clothes out of the skin.......
Either that or sell them for such uses.

You don't need any experience to shoot these animals, they are driven in front of the guns like lambs to the slaughter, they wouldn't have a chance to get to you of course. Oh and you did include elephant when you said you wanted to shoot game.

Ever been on an African hunting safari? I didn't think so.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either that or sell them for such uses.

Ever been on an African hunting safari? I didn't think so.

Look, I'm going to be blunt because at the moment I happen to think you are the biggest wazzack going, I've just spent the best part of the week at my husbands bedside after he had a heart attack and I really can't be bothered with your ignorant childish fantasies. Fine go off and kill all these wonderful animals if it makes you think it gives you balls but stop giving us this BS about eating them, culling them for their own good or anything else. You want to kill living breathing animals because you will enjoy watching the life leave their bodies, nothing else. The fact that you think you need an excuse is proof enough that you are a rather mean spirited little person.

Hunters who hunt for food do so with respect for the animals that provide their food. They also take only what they need You respect nothing.

Do I look like the sort of disgusting human being that would enjoy killing animals on a safari?

The elephant whisperer Part 2- the elephants come to tea Daily Mail Online

OP
P

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Look, I'm going to be blunt because at the moment I happen to think you are the biggest wazzack going, I've just spent the best part of the week at my husbands bedside after he had a heart attack and I really can't be bothered with your ignorant childish fantasies. Fine go off and kill all these wonderful animals if it makes you think it gives you balls but stop giving us this BS about eating them, culling them for their own good or anything else. You want to kill living breathing animals because you will enjoy watching the life leave their bodies, nothing else. The fact that you think you need an excuse is proof enough that you are a rather mean spirited little person.

Hunters who hunt for food do so with respect for the animals that provide their food. They also take only what they need You respect nothing.

Do I look like the sort of disgusting human being that would enjoy killing animals on a safari?

Im really sorry about what you're dealing with right now but if my posts are causing you to get all worked up

You're right about one thing, I don't need an excuse to hunt. Now, Im sorry about all that you're going through but if my posts bother you that much, you don't have to read them. If you get all riled up it was you who chose to read my posts in the first place. You think Im a wazzack? That's your prerogative. But Im not going to let that get to me because what you think or say has no effect on my life whatsoever.

Have a nice day.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No you aren't getting me 'worked up', you make me rather sad because you continuously post on here looking for something you will never find because what you are looking for has to found inside you . You have a sublime disregard for anyone on here, you post up the most ridiculous statements and watch while people, patiently try to unravel them, explain and they are understanding beyond anything that is deserved. You disrespect just about everyone on here.
Life is very, very precious, even a lions, a giraffes or a rhinos, yet you speak of extinguishing that life with only thought for your pleasure and that's the obscenity of it, you want to kill only for the pleasure of seeing an animal die. Not for food, not to feed your family, you want a massacre a range of animals so you can boast of it. And when that thrill has palled, what will you look to for your thrills then.......

elder999

El Oso de Dios!
Reaction score
Look, I'm going to be blunt because at the moment I happen to think you are the biggest wazzack going, I've just spent the best part of the week at my husbands bedside after he had a heart attack and I really can't be bothered with your ignorant childish fantasies.
Prayers for you and your hubby's speedy recovery, Irene.

"Wazzack??" Gotta love you Brits...
rolling.gif

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I do appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right about one thing, I don't need an excuse to hunt. Now, Im sorry about all that you're going through but if my posts bother you that much, you don't have to read them. If you get all riled up it was you who chose to read my posts in the first place. You think Im a wazzack? That's your prerogative. But Im not going to let that get to me because what you think or say has no effect on my life whatsoever.

Have a nice day.

You know what, you just do not understand humanity at all. Do you not realise that what you post is just, well, rather stupid. You posts are uniformed and non source posts. I knew him, or I heard him or whatever. Try and understand that the majority of us have human issues to deal with, and I mean less you, and sometimes humans react with venom due to the fact that some simply do not listen. My two cents due to the fact that I feel a little punchy!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You know what, you just do not understand humanity at all. Do you not realise that what you post is just, well, rather stupid. You posts are uniformed and non source posts. I knew him, or I heard him or whatever. Try and understand that the majority of us have human issues to deal with, and I mean less you, and sometimes humans react with venom due to the fact that some simply do not listen. My two cents due to the fact that I feel a little punchy!

Feeling offended is what as known as a narcissistic injury.

Latest Discussions