Human Weapon Show on History Channel

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
On in Israel apparently. Good episode. What I loved was with all the MMA chest thumping, when faced with an attacker with a knife and intent to kill, his years of training were useless. Sad day for what many belive is the "Ultimate Martial Art" Good ep all around.
I think this one was the best one so far. Both guys were out of their element and it showed and they knew it. You could see it in their faces when they picked up the M4 and put on the gear. This time around I think they both realized that there is more going on in the world than just tv shows and mma fights.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
On in Israel apparently. Good episode. What I loved was with all the MMA chest thumping, when faced with an attacker with a knife and intent to kill, his years of training were useless. Sad day for what many belive is the "Ultimate Martial Art" Good ep all around.

yep, that is indeed where they did film it. I was suprised at how well they did show it is a basic "troop style" made up of a limited number of techniques and desinged to make up for that with pure agression and hope. they have included some of the basic bayonet drill techniques as you saw with the M4 ... and the knife stuff was not bad really.

it is not really intended to take on a skilled marital artist but the street thug and terrorist and conscript soldier who is not really that well trained in unarmed combat compared to a marital artist ( this does assume that we are talking about a marital artist that trains for self defence and combat and not some MMA match kind of thing or point turnement.)

yep, most of the cage fighter/UFC types train for a very spacific thing, and even that guy admitted it .. much to my suprise! I think all the "UFC is the ultimate art and style" clowns should perhaps consider what that host found out about rules and reffs and things verses survival.

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
I think this one was the best one so far. Both guys were out of their element and it showed and they knew it. You could see it in their faces when they picked up the M4 and put on the gear. This time around I think they both realized that there is more going on in the world than just tv shows and mma fights.

ya they got a bit of an education. I think most of your traditional arts will do just as well as any Krav man in that situation if he trains well and properly.. better in fact agenst a trained martial artist as Krav is not really designed with that kind of attacker in mind... on the other hand most trained martial artists are not out on the street attacking people..

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This was the best episode by far. No silly fight at the end just good training and concentrating on learning by the hosts. Krav Maga (which I enjoy when I get the chance) has a lot to offer. Hopefully the producers get some positive response from this show and future shows take a similar format.
icon6.gif

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
This was the best episode by far. No silly fight at the end just good training and concentrating on learning by the hosts. Krav Maga (which I enjoy when I get the chance) has a lot to offer. Hopefully the producers get some positive response from this show and future shows take a similar format.
icon6.gif

yep I did like the no silly "fight" at the end.. like you said just more training... would like to see them loose the silly 'fight' thing at the end myself.

Latest Discussions