Human Dragon???

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok...this is truly the most bizarre thing ever.

I woke up as usual. Have not eaten anything. Only out of bed for perhaps 10 minutes. Got a cup of coffee. Take about 2 sips, sitting here browsing Martial Talk. Then, feel a burp coming on...I burp...and...I kid you not..a plume of smoke came out of my mouth. I felt a small catch in my throat, almost like something small was stuck there so I swallowed.

What do you think would cause this? The only possible thing I can think of is that I take MSM, which is a sulphur supplement. However, it is the natural sulphur the body needs. I am highly HIGHLY allergic to sulfa drugs but can take MSM without problems. I've been taking it daily for a long time without problems.

What in the world would cause someone to belch a plume of smoke??? I'm kinda freaked here.

rutherford

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
:idunno:

Maybe a sign that you almost experienced an episode of
spontaneous human combustion?

Having any hot flashes? (Alright, I'm sorry about that one!)

:wavey:

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
rutherford said:
:idunno:

Maybe a sign that you almost experienced an episode of
spontaneous human combustion?

Having any hot flashes? (Alright, I'm sorry about that one!)

:wavey:

LOL...*smack*... NO...NO HOT FLASHES.. :p

Is that not the freakiest thing you ever heard?

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I told ya. Freaky. Maybe I will spontaneously combust....

Sam

Senior Master
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:
Maybe I will spontaneously combust....
Well its not really spontaneous if you PLAN on it...

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I honestly have not heard of such a thing so I can't help you out, sorry. That is just weird. I understand the gas thing but how did it ignite?

If it happens again, I think I would be seeing a doctor, really really quick. :idunno:

green meanie

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My guess would be it was the supplement. I had the same thing happen to me one time when I had part of a muti-vitamin get caught in my throat.
icon6.gif

Ceicei

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That plume of smoke is probably the supplement powder that wasn't fully digested (powder caught in a bubble of air either in the throat or stomach and released when the bubble burst). I had a similar thing happen to me once, but it wasn't nearly as dramatic as yours! You gave me a good giggle with your description!

Human dragon!!!

- Ceicei

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
LOL...thanks everyone. That was kind of my guess about the supplement but man..it was Frrr...eeeekkk....eeeee...

Well its not really spontaneous if you PLAN on it...

I wasn't planning on it sillly....just thought maybe it will happen...:p

So far so good the rest of today...*whew*

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Dammit Jim, you're a Tigress, not a Dragon!! :D

I agree about the supplement btw ;)

MartialIntent

Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:

I woke up as usual. Have not eaten anything. Only out of bed for perhaps 10 minutes. Got a cup of coffee. Take about 2 sips, sitting here browsing Martial Talk. Then, feel a burp coming on...I burp...and...I kid you not..a plume of smoke came out of my mouth. I felt a small catch in my throat, almost like something small was stuck there so I swallowed.

What do you think would cause this? The only possible thing I can think of is that I take MSM, which is a sulphur supplement. However, it is the natural sulphur the body needs. I am highly HIGHLY allergic to sulfa drugs but can take MSM without problems. I've been taking it daily for a long time without problems.

What in the world would cause someone to belch a plume of smoke??? I'm kinda freaked here.
Holy smoke JT! hehe :D

When I read this, the first thing that came to mind was Hanazo from Akutagawa's Rashomon stories [The Dragon] - he concocted a story about a dragon due to appear, people turned up at the specified time and place to see but it was he who ended up seeing the dragon. Higher belief? Self-belief? Delusion? Well that's undoubtedly irrelevant but I thought it was interesting, hehe.

I guess you're not actually a smoker? Yeah I've seen plenty who smoke ciggies [and other things] and swallow/burp as a "party piece". Lovely. Anyway, I hope you're feeling ok and not nauseous or having any sharp pains from down there or at your back? A one off probably and maybe a little probiotic will rake out some of the gas-producing nasties making you burp in the first place.

Respects!

Ants

White Belt
Reaction score
How cold was it where you were? (thinking the warmth of your breath?)

Shaolinwind

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Jade Tigress said:

All I had to do is drive 2100 miles, break into your house, spike your coffee grounds with LSD, drive 2100 miles back and watch MT to see how you reacted. SO worth it.

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, at least it was a burp. Imagine how freaked you'd be if it was...well, otherwise. :uhyeah:
:xtrmshock :lfao:

I guess you're not actually a smoker? Yeah I've seen plenty who smoke ciggies [and other things] and swallow/burp as a "party piece". Lovely. Anyway, I hope you're feeling ok and not nauseous or having any sharp pains from down there or at your back? A one off probably and maybe a little probiotic will rake out some of the gas-producing nasties making you burp in the first place.
Nope..not a smoker. I feel fine. It was weird too in the sense that it wasn't like I burped and then the smoke came out...it was like that's what made
me burp. I belched a plume of smoke. lol It was uncontrollable...it happened without warning. heehee

How cold was it where you were? (thinking the warmth of your breath?)
Not cold at all. And it was actually smoke...not my breath. It did have a very slight sulphur-y taste. The smoke was quite visible.

All I had to do is drive 2100 miles, break into your house, spike your coffee grounds with LSD, drive 2100 miles back and watch MT to see how you reacted. SO worth it.
Oh...is that all? :shrug:
The lengths you'll go to for a joke...I should've known better. :p

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I gotta tell ya, Jade ... and I'm really sorry about this ... but this is just funny. Funny and a little scary, but ... very funny.

I think CC's theory the most likely, though it prolly would be a good idea to hit the doctor ... you know, just to make sure you haven't grown fire glands or anything.:)

Ceicei said:
That plume of smoke is probably the supplement powder that wasn't fully digested (powder caught in a bubble of air either in the throat or stomach and released when the bubble burst). I had a similar thing happen to me once, but it wasn't nearly as dramatic as yours! You gave me a good giggle with your description!

Human dragon!!!

- Ceicei

OP
Jade Tigress

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well yeah....it's funny now... :p...but needless to say, I was really freaked out when it happened. So far no more *occurances* heh. So, go ahead, laugh your little hearts out folks...but watch out because I'm thinking I might try to develop this for my own evil purposes. :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions