Howdy from Houston

DMcHenry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Howdy,

Its been so long since I've been by this forum I had to re-register. My name is Dennis & I'm from Houston, TX. My main art is TangSooDo, but I also hold rank in TaeKwonDo as well and crosstrain in HapKiDo. I have trained in various Japanese arts as well but no longer train in them at all.

I began my martial arts training in 1976 and currently teach a handfull of private students and work with other instructors. I'm a computer geek by day (network engineer) but am about to change jobs (infrastructure manager). I used to enjoy riding motorcycles until I totalled my bike last year, so now just ride in a Miata with my wife. I'm also into homebrewing. I'm hoping my new job will give me more time for my more enjoyable activities.

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome "back" to MT, Master Mac! I watched your videos a lot while I was in Korea. You will probably find more than a few references to them around the site! Thank you for your work in recording them and putting them up!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk, don't you know Master Giambi from Houston Texas? At anyrate glad to have you around.

stone_dragone

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome back to MT! I've also gotten into home brewing...I find that I like my brew better than Pro-brews.

Here's hoping you get another bike soon!

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
WELCOME BACK to our humble neighborhood!

BTW, Are you one-and-the-same 'Master Mac' of the "Shamelessly Unofficial Forms Webpage" fame? If so, thank you very much for making it available. THAT is a GREAT resource!!

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
WELCOME BACK to our humble neighborhood!

BTW, Are you one-and-the-same 'Master Mac' of the "Shamelessly Unofficial Forms Webpage" fame? If so, thank you very much for making it available. THAT is a GREAT resource!!

Yes he is the same. Great resource in deed.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings Dennis,

Welcome back to Martial Talk. I was gone for a bit as well.

You have a variety of striking arts under your belt. Have you ever cross trained in Aikido or Jujitsu when you trained in the Japanese arts?

Catalyst

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Welcome aboard.

I've watched the Hyung Videos on your site many times - thank you for making them available for all to see and learn.

Latest Discussions