How to modify the WC SNT form

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I don't like to freeze my body and just punch with my arm as shown in this clip. In stead of borrowing some basic training from boxing, why can't we just modify the WC basic training instead?

How can we put

1. body unification - the whole body function as one unit,
2. body rotation - body behind the punch,

into the 1st WC form during day one? Also how can we add in the footwork training as well?

Should we extend the WC punch and make the back shoulder, chest, front shoulder, punching arm as a perfect straight line as shown in the following clip at 2.10, 2.18, 2.56, ...?

The power should come from the leg bending to leg straightening, the counter force from the ground with body rotation.

Your thought?

Last edited:

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
My thoughts? Why not just learn a style that already has the types of movements you are talking about?

The two 'problems' you named aren't problems, there is already body unification and body rotation in WC. What style did you learn that didn't have these things?

WC has addressable problems to be sure, but these aren't among them.

OP
Kung Fu Wang

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
1. Bend your knees and then straight your knee - You can borrow force from the ground and up.
2. Rotate your body - You can transfer force from your back to your front.
3. Line up your back shoulder, chest, front shoulder, and punching arm - Your punch can have the maximum reach.

You can even train this punching drill without using your arms (drop your arms next to your knees) and just use your body. In other words, even during the beginner level training stage, you start to emphasize body and not arms.

Latest Discussions