How many Chunners also practice FMA?

KPM

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've found them to complement each other nicely. Right now I am on another "FMA phase" where I am emphasizing and reinvigorating my weapons skills.

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
I learned WC along side of Arnis myself, although Arnis was always an after class thing. I don't really remember much beyond 12 zone striking and the right left right, left right left pattern TBH.

Point being I guess that they have been travel companions (WC and FMA) for more than a minute

Reactions: KPM

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I've found them to complement each other nicely. Right now I am on another "FMA phase" where I am emphasizing and reinvigorating my weapons skills.

Me too. I also find that I can sometimes use my FMA to shed light on my Wing Chun.

BTW my FMA, originally learned from Rene Latosa, Martin Torres, Jeff LaTorre, and others, is more conceptual than traditional. After so long in TCMA it's nice to shed the straight jacket ....if you catch my meaning.;)

Reactions: KPM

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
BTW my FMA, originally learned from Rene Latosa, Martin Torres, Jeff LaTorre, and others, is more conceptual than traditional. After so long in TCMA it's nice to shed the straight jacket ....if you catch my meaning.;)
Jeff Latorre? Wow...his brother Jack and I are very good friends. Jeff is excellent.

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Jeff Latorre? Wow...his brother Jack and I are very good friends. Jeff is excellent.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Jack, but I apparently he lives in New York State, while I'm out in Arizona. Jeff told me that Jack is accomplished at Pekiti. Jeff has a foundation in that, but now instructs the DTE system.

TBH I've gotten a bit lazy and haven't kept up with my DTE training with Jeff for a while. But for a long time I drove a 60 mile round trip to work with him every weekend, and always enjoyed it!

Danny T

Senior Master
Reaction score
I never had the pleasure of meeting Jack, but I apparently he lives in New York State, while I'm out in Arizona. Jeff told me that Jack is accomplished at Pekiti. Jeff has a foundation in that, but now instructs the DTE system.

TBH I've gotten a bit lazy and haven't kept up with my DTE training with Jeff for a while. But for a long time I drove a 60 mile round trip to work with him every weekend, and always enjoyed it!
Cool.
Yeah...Jack is quite accomplished in Pekiti. He is also quite versed in wing chun as well. Very analytical. And is in the Rochester, NY area.
Haven't had the experience of training with Jeff (as yet) but hear very good things about his approach from others aside from Jack.

wckf92

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Cool.
Yeah...Jack is quite accomplished in Pekiti. He is also quite versed in wing chun as well. Very analytical. And is in the Rochester, NY area.
Haven't had the experience of training with Jeff (as yet) but hear very good things about his approach from others aside from Jack.

Wonder if these dudes know Doug Marcaida. He is in the Rochester area too

Latest Discussions