How long...

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh, I remember falling on my back trying to do a higher kick than I was ready for my first year of karate.

Please do tell us how it's going, skyguy!

OP
skyguy

skyguy

White Belt
Reaction score
arnisador said:
Heh, I remember falling on my back trying to do a higher kick than I was ready for my first year of karate.

Please do tell us how it's going, skyguy!
I'm still bumbling! I'm just not as embarassed about it as I was at first :)

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
skyguy said:
I'm still bumbling! I'm just not as embarassed about it as I was at first :)

That's great! I'm glad your keeping with it. There was a thread like this by a woman MT member about four years ago. The reason I remember is that she started a thread about her black belt test (she passed) and I went back to see her old posts and found her white/yellow belt posts.

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I did feel the initial weirdness and I still do sometimes (usually footwork will do it to me). But my first school was such a confidence boost it kind of negated the effects of low martial arts self esteem. They quickly bumped me up to higher classes and I had frequent one on one time with the instructors (The one leading the demo team put me on without asking me first, kinda just told me it was my responsibility). I trained about 3 times as much as anyone else and it obviously showed. A few people (older and wiser) told me I should slow down or I was going to burn out. circumstances changed and I was at a different, less training intensive school.

My point is, hard work and a thirst for knowledge and power will get rid of the awkward jerkiness.