Good Bye 8 lbs curl. Hello 15 lbs, I can't feel my arms

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I went to buy a new dumbbell set and I had a choice between 10, 12, and 15 pounds. I did a couple of exercises in the store and decided that the 15 lb dumbbell weight would be a good weight to grow into. The other options felt as if I would grow out of that weight too fast.

Tonight is a light night as I reached my physical limit last night with the 8lbs. My tendons felt sore and I could feel myself trying to adjust the exercise to provide relief. If I walk, tonight then I'll just see what type of footwork drills I can come up with and integrate it into my walk.

My wife saw this and bought it. It's a 15lb Body Bar. All I saw was a staff, so I tried it out. Guy in the store looked at me like I was crazy ha ha ha.

1630792776901.png

Apparently the exercises that people do with this bar are something like regular weight lifting exercises. Yeah I won't be doing much of this stuff. I have my own set of exercises in mid for this. I'll see how it goes tomorrow and if it suits my needs then I'll buy another. It's short enough to be able to do some things that I can't do with my staff.

Well either way. Tonight is going to be an extra protein night so I can get some body repair going on.

Bobbycat

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I do with a stick something like above but with self resistance/dynamic tension. Great result.

Last edited:

Alan0354

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Show us what are you doing with the dumbbell, I still don't have a clear idea what you are talking about.

OP
JowGaWolf

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You can use this tool to develop your grip strength and train many wrestling skill such as to twist your opponent's body.

That's very close to what I plan on doing. A lot of those exercises in that video are similar to double headed staff movements. where you hold the staff in the middle.

I don't like the traditional bodybuilding lifting exercises. I try to keep thing functional as much as possible without doing harm to my body

Last edited:

Latest Discussions