How long is your class?

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Some of my higher ranking students have inquired about an extra class during the week for black belts only. I would like to do this, particularly since it would give me a chance to go over higher level teaching. The problem is finding a day and time that works for everyone while not interfering with other schedules at the building we practice in. I'm not sure how many of them would want to come during the weekend for this training.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
My classes for children run about 45 minutes.
The adult clsses run an hour to 1 1/2 hours.

Ping898

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
At my current school the classes are 50 min long, recently increased from 40 min. I used to have hr long classes at my first school, but find the 50 min isn't bad. If the instructor is doing the class right and keeping things moving at a good clip it isn't so bad. Usually enough time to teach, review and answer questions and any left over questions can usually be asked after class. Mostly we just have a shorter warm-up/stretch, I think only like 8 min and depending on what is being taught, class does run over a few mins on occasion to have enough time for drills and exercises.

Latest Discussions