How does a Real Women fights? ...same as real men?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, The topic about "Real Men fighting" ....Wonder how "real women fights"

...sleep in the other room?
...got a headache?
...too tired
Women....mens most important part of life! ...Lets take good care of them.....and be nice at the same time...

Aloha,

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hopefully a woman will fight with the same aggressiveness and intensity as a man. Hopefully she will fight to survive and escape from whatever/whomever she is in conflict with

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Depends who we are fighting and why. I think real women often fight *For* someOne or something that they care about. I think that where the term "Crazy Psychotic Beeothch" comes from cause that how intensely we'll fight. Not that I'm one or anything............:uhohh:
lori

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, The topic about "Real Men fighting" ....Wonder how "real women fights"

To win.

If it would ever get to the point where my wife has to fight (e.g. someone is trying to hurt our children), I expect nothing short of hell raising fury.

Bruno@MT

Senior Master
Reaction score
Depends who we are fighting and why. I think real women often fight *For* someOne or something that they care about. I think that where the term "Crazy Psychotic Beeothch" comes from cause that how intensely we'll fight. Not that I'm one or anything............:uhohh:
lori

+1

Lori beat me to it. :)

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
If a real woman does not fight like a real man then she is doing herself a real disservice..

and before the feminazis get all bent out of shape, what I mean is there is only one best way to fight....smart..
every fight has its own differences, the way to handle it is to understand how the body works, how the environment effects the encounter, how to utilize strengths and weaknesses of all parties, and how to put your own values and morals into play to get the best possible outcome..
that should not be something that differs between the sexes..

it will however differ depending on a persons mental abilities.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I am not sure exactly what is meant in the OP by "real women" or "real men"? And but I would say that normal women do NOT fight like men.. Yes there may be highly trained, muscled, testosterone-enhanced women fighters that actually hit and fight like men and but for the rest of us [even the martial tomboys among us] fighting is - in my personal experience at least - not as natural for us as it is for men and I think a great deal of that is a combination of genetics, endocrinology and physiology.. I do not believe that normal average can fight. I mean none of my friends can fight for ****.. I think this is the base level for the girl without training or the girl that has attended one of these one-day, loud-and-shouty, how-to-make-yourself-an-SD-expert seminars..

For a girl to fight like a man she has to train herself physically and but most importantly of all, she must develop a number of mental acuities for that newly acquired martial skill to serve any useful purpose whatsoever. I think those aptitudes centre around the intention to DELIBERATELY inflict injury and harm upon an attacker or potential attacker. Even among women martial artists I have encountered those that I suspect have an underlying fear of hitting somebody for real in case they hurt them and I worry that even if they DO hit back, that might translate into some mid-fight overcoming of conscience. The point was made above about a mother fighting to preserve her child.. then the protective instinct, and therefore the fighting intent is neurologically hardwired as any mother will know [there is no thought over it] and but that is a very distinct case.. For a woman fighting to preserve only herself, there is no internal precedent that can be called upon.. these things must have been adequately trained beforehand to bring them out when required - and even that does not always happen in a dojo.

So I say girls cannot fight as a general rule because they are not effervescing with testosterone which even an average untrained guy autonomically unlocks at any sign of hostility.. A girl has to train these responses much more to be on a par with the average guy I think.

Of course, if a woman is physically trained **AND** her physical training is matched by her willingness to hurt [and potentially lethally harm] an attacker, then yes, she will be a handful for any opponent, male or female, does not matter how little she is, every opponent can be put down when you know how to, and have the commitment to do so.

Janna x

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
For a girl to fight like a man she has to train herself physically and but most importantly of all, she must develop a number of mental acuity for that newly acquired martial skill to serve any useful purpose whatsoever. I think those aptitudes centre around the intention to DELIBERATELY inflict injury and harm upon an attacker or potential attacker.

So I say girls cannot fight as a general rule because they are not effervescing with testosterone which even an average untrained guy automatically unlocks at any sign of hostility.. A girl has to train these responses much more to be on a par with the average guy I think.

Of course, if a woman is physically trained **AND** her physical training is matched by her willingness to hurt [and potentially lethally harm] an attacker, then yes, she will be a handful for any opponent, male or female, does not matter how little she is, every opponent can be put down when you know how to, and have the commitment to do so.

Janna x
I've got a lot of respect for the practicing female MA-ist... I say that right now to ensure I don't get beaned upside the head with a rock or anything for what is my opinion on the subject.
An untrained but experienced woman can fight well, I've seen enough street fights between girls/women to know that for a fact. It's messy and it's uncoordinated it seems but the punches and slaps and scratches and all that are designed to inflict damage to a woman more than they would to a man. A woman fighting a man is different. More to vulnerable sensitive spots :btg: and to eyes, etc.
A trained female fighter will learn more about pressure points and techniques and thus be able to inflict more damage... provided that her (male) opponent isn't built like a 380 pound linebacker, which in that case she would have to use different techniques to take the big guy down... which is STILL POSSIBLE for her to do... but she will have to initiate those moves quickly to avoid getting hit. Those guys CAN hit very hard, skilled or unskilled, you honestly don't want to get caught with good one by them.
Intensity? That is going to vary with the individual ... man or woman. Many fights are reluctant fights... given no alternative. Fighting in anger ups the intensity I've found (man or woman).
I agree with the commitment part... some fights are reluctantly brought on but the one who is most committed to winning usually comes out on top.
Still, a fraction of a moment of carelessness or reduction in speed or accuracy is going to toss all that out the window.

Oh and women have their own levels of testosterone that they can draw upon... lets never forget that... it's not much compared to a man's but it's there. Nature wasn't callous enough to NOT put it into every human being.

FierySquidFace

Green Belt
Reaction score
I know real women (and men) who wouldn't fight anyone in the first place. I don't think the abillity to fight has any bearing on what makes one a man/woman.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the hell is a 'feminazi'? it's offensive to someone who has lost family to the Nazis, whatever it's 'supposed' to mean.
I fight at little as I have to but I fight to win most definitely.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I know real women (and men) who wouldn't fight anyone in the first place. I don't think the abillity to fight has any bearing on what makes one a man/woman.
I'm sorry, I have to take issue with this. If someone, man or women, had no family, no friends, no community and no country, then possibly they might have no reason to ever fight. I have never met such a person. As for the rest of us, if the need arises to protect any of the above, if we are not prepared to fight, in effect we are relying on others to fight for us. 'Real' men and women will fight to protect the things that make our countries great places to live and raise our families, and for the freedom to live our lives to the full. :asian:

Chris Parker

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi,

Well, I'll attempt to bring to this what I brought to the other (Jenna, the other thread is http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81419).

Again, let's look at definitions here. A Real Woman (or Alpha Female) is not exactly the same as an Alpha Male. Honestly, there is no such thing as equality between the sexes. Instead, they are complimentary. And that is far better.

An Alpha Female is centred in her femininity. She embraces being a woman, and has total confidence in being such. She understands that a major part of who she is includes drives to find a quality man to have a family with, and her confidence is part of how she sorts the real men from the fakes. But another major part of her is her protective side. And that is where we find the answer to how she fights.

An Alpha Female rarely fights for herself, as she doesn't often have the need, however, she does fight for others (friends, famly, her children). The maternal drive crosses a number of boundaries, and it is what provides her with her fighting strength. So a Real Woman fights for those around her, those she loves and cares for, with a ferocity and single-mindedness almost impossible to deny.

In the rare cases of a self defence situation, an Alpha Female acts the same way she does in everything else, using what is available to her, and acting with the confidence afforded those who truly understand their worth.

teekin

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hi,

Well, I'll attempt to bring to this what I brought to the other (Jenna, the other thread is http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81419).

Again, let's look at definitions here. A Real Woman (or Alpha Female) is not exactly the same as an Alpha Male. Honestly, there is no such thing as equality between the sexes. Instead, they are complimentary. And that is far better.

An Alpha Female is centred in her femininity. She embraces being a woman, and has total confidence in being such. She understands that a major part of who she is includes drives to find a quality man to have a family with, and her confidence is part of how she sorts the real men from the fakes. But another major part of her is her protective side. And that is where we find the answer to how she fights.

An Alpha Female rarely fights for herself, as she doesn't often have the need, however, she does fight for others (friends, famly, her children). The maternal drive crosses a number of boundaries, and it is what provides her with her fighting strength. So a Real Woman fights for those around her, those she loves and cares for, with a ferocity and single-mindedness almost impossible to deny.

In the rare cases of a self defence situation, an Alpha Female acts the same way she does in everything else, using what is available to her, and acting with the confidence afforded those who truly understand their worth.

I read a quote to the effect that " that love is carnivorous, it is single minded, it will destroy anything and everything in it's path". I think that best describes how women fight For those they love. I am no good to those who count on me if I'm dead so I must fight to survive as well. (Besides, it pisses me off :mad: when some jackassula plays "Hide 'N Seek" between the houses and the back lanes as I walk my puppy. I want to hurt the MF for spoiling my time spent with Hershi (GaDoodle puppy) :samurai: )

FierySquidFace

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I have to take issue with this. If someone, man or women, had no family, no friends, no community and no country, then possibly they might have no reason to ever fight. I have never met such a person. As for the rest of us, if the need arises to protect any of the above, if we are not prepared to fight, in effect we are relying on others to fight for us. 'Real' men and women will fight to protect the things that make our countries great places to live and raise our families, and for the freedom to live our lives to the full. :asian:

Still, there are people (good people) that feel that there are other ways to protects what they love besides fighting, such as thinking, reasoning, and negotiating. Some people just don't have it in them to hurt others. While I do not place myself in that catagory, it exists nontheless

Latest Discussions