How do you delete posts?

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
Lets say I make a post and I want to delete it, how would I do that?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
A long-standing policy on MartialTalk is that we rarely delete content, unless it violates a rule, like unauthorized advertising. You have a brief window after posting to edit the post. If you really feel you must have a post deleted, you can report it, and explain why you want it deleted. It needs a much better justification than "I put my foot in my mouth" or "I wish I'd never said that..."

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When was this instituted? I have deleted a few a posts recently which I felt were funny at the time, but a bit rude.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I don't know about here, but on some other boards, you can delete it if it hasn't been read yet by someone else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There may be differences under Xenforo that allow or allowed you to delete a post, and of course you could have edited it to a point that it was gone for all intents and purposes during the window... But the policy has been only to delete content in rare and special circumstances.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There's a 60 minute window in which you can edit and possibly delete a post. After that, policy has always been no deletions without a reason better than "I changed my mind". The idea is on other sites long standing discussions have been gutted when someone got butt hurt and went on a deletion spree, and we wanted to make sure that didn't happen here.

Latest Discussions